The National Council for Population and Development (NCPD) is a Semi-Autonomous Government Agency in the Ministry of Devolution and Planning.
The Council seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Advert No: 007/2016
Reports to Senior Population Programme Officer at head office or county offices.
- Assist in collecting, receiving and analyzing programme data and assessing their impact on population issues.
- Assist in preparing preliminary reports for research papers.
- Assist in coordinating/undertaking research activities.
- Assist in formulating and appraisal of project proposals.
- Assist in dissemination of information to the public through publications, barazas, newsletters, mass media, shows, exhibitions, conferences.
- Participate in carrying out population advocacy activities.
- Assist in coordinating population programmes in the County
- Assist in the development of county plans of action.
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation of population activities in the County.
- Participate in undertaking programme coordination activities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and an understanding of ICT software tools for qualitative and quantitative research and monitoring and evaluation.
- Bachelors degree majoring in either Population Studies or Demography or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
- A Bachelors degree in any of the following Social Science disciplines: – Economics, Sociology, Statistics or relevant qualification from a recognized university with a postgraduate qualification in Population Studies or Demography.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Shown merit and competency in data collection, data processing and report writing.