An Officer at this level will be responsible to the Administrative Officer in the area of deployment and may be deployed to work for more than one officer.
Responsibilities for the Administrative Secretary Jobs in Kenya
- Specific duties at this level will include but not limited to:
- Typewriting from drafts and memorandums;
- Checking typewritten work for corrections and paper layout;
- Processing data;
- Operating office equipment;
- Handling telephone calls and appointments;
- Ensuring security of office equipment, documents and records;
- Attending to visitors/clients; and
- Undertaking routine secretarial work and office duties including filing, reception and dispatch of mail.
Requirements for the Administrative Secretary Jobs in Kenya
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) Mean Grade C- (minus) with at least C (Plain) in English
- Language or its equivalent from a recognised institution.
- Passed in the following subjects offered by Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC):
- Type Writing Stage II (40 wpm)/Computerised Document Processing.
- Business English II/Communications I.
- Office Practice I.
- Secretarial Duties II.
- Commerce II and
- A Certificate of Computer Applications in Windows, MS Word, Excel, Access and Internet from a recognised institution.
How To Apply
All the above positions are on permanent and pensionable terms of service except Director, Environmental Services which will be on a three years renewable contract.
Applications accompanied by copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae, testimonials, current remuneration, current position/ grade, expected salary and a daytime telephone contact should be forwarded to the address below by 22nd February, 2017
The Director General
Popo Road, off Mombasa Road
P.O Box 67839-00200
NEMA is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.