New Accountant Jobs In Kenya 2017 (35-40K)
Job Title: Accountant
Industry: Transport/ Logistics
Salary: Kshs. 35k – 40k
Virtual Recruitment and Staffing Services Ltd is one of the leading Recruitment firms in Kenya .Our client is one of the leading transport/ Logistics Company based in Nairobi. They are looking for an Accountant.
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Ensure timely payment of all statutory returns such as PAYE, VAT etc.
- Oversee preparation of the monthly payroll, relevant statutory returns and explain any variations in payroll from one month to the other.
- Liaise with the Finance Manger to determine accurately the company’s gross profit performance (cost analysis) for each site.
- Post all monthly transfers to the sites and ascertain their usage is supported by necessary documents.
- Receive supplier’s invoices, assign correct codes, batch them and post them into the system after they are reviewed by the Finance Manager.
- Posting of LPOs on the accounting software.
- Record all transfers received by the company through the bank.
- Accurately update the cash book and prepare bank and general ledger reconciliations
- Prepare daily cash position and weekly highlight report
- Liaise with operations and sites for accounting of fuel usage weekly for the purpose of payment
- File finance related documents and accounting records to ensure easy tracing.
- Maintain a spreadsheet of cost per item of all regular expense items.
- Follow up on suppliers to provide invoices and monthly statements.
- Settle outstanding accounts within the credit terms agreed with the supplier and ensure that all supporting documents are attached.
- Review and query petty cash payments from the sites
- Check petty cash vouchers for proper authorization and acknowledgment of cash by recipients and ensure proper posting of the same.
- Ensure filing of copies of all documents supporting payments into relevant files
- Promptly obtain new tax guidelines for each year from the Income Tax Department or whenever tax changes are announced to ensure that deductions are correct and are paid in a timely manner at all times
- Oversee proper recording of debtors and creditors and ensure the reconciliation of their balances
- Liaise with the Finance Manager to prepare budget for the sites & review any variances.
- Provide necessary information/documents required by auditors from time to time.
- Raise capital expenditure forms for approval to acquire fixed assets as per procedure and keep an updated list of all company assets.
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned by the management from time to time
Competencies and Qualifications Desired
- CPA (K)
- Excellent command of the English language(both spoken and Written)
- Good command of the Swahili Language
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in Accounts
- Experience in the transport/ logistics industry will be an added advantage
- Good Accounting knowledge.
- Knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Culturally aware and adept at working across multiple geographies
- Attention to detail
- Customer focus / orientation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High on entrepreneurial spirit
- Work independently & with a Team
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accountant – Transport & Logistics) to [email protected] before Friday 6th January, 2017. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.