Senior Legal Officers Jobs at Central Bank of Kenya
Provide legal advisory services to the Bank; sound opinions on new and emerging legislation and ensure that the Bank is always compliant on statutory requirements.
Duties for the Senior Legal Officers Job
- Provide legal advisory services to Management and other departments of the Bank;
- Review and advise on Leases, Contracts and Agreements involving the Bank;
- Review and draft relevant legislation, guidelines, circulars, etc.;
- Undertake legal and compliance audits;
- Provide well researched legal advice and opinions and legal interpretations on various laws and matters relating to the Bank;
- Ensure compliance with laws, rules and regulations by the Bank;
- Prepare, vet and negotiate, when necessary, the Bank’s legal documentation;
- Participate in negotiations, settlements and arbitration of disputes to protect the interests of the Bank;
- Liaise with external lawyers handling legal matters on behalf of the Bank and prepare fully for cases while noting to attend court hearings when necessary;
- Effectively represent the Bank in forums, discussions, meetings and conferences when called upon to do so;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Senior Legal Officers Job Qualifications
- Minimum Upper Second Class Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
- Additionally, one should possess CPS and be a member in good standing of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPSK)
- Possess a Diploma from the Council of Legal Education.
- Master’s degree in Law or any other discipline is an added advantage
- A current practicing certificate as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- At least eight (8) years relevant experience in a busy corporate/commercial practice or other working environment, six (6) years of which should be in a senior position
- Qualifications and/or experience in drafting will be an additional added advantage
- Be a paid member of the Law Society of Kenya and of good standing
- Satisfy the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
- Results oriented; able to multitask and meet strict deadlines
- Stakeholder Management skills
- Legal principles & research skills
- Possess advanced computer skills
- Excellent communication, analytical, planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think strategically with creative problem solving skills.
- Litigation Court practice and processes
- Decision making
- Independence and objectivity
- Knowledge of Banking laws and regulations
- Knowledge of Statutory Management processes and procedures
How to Apply
All applications MUST be submitted through the Bank’s online recruitment system.
CBK does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Any kind of canvassing by applicants will lead to instant disqualification.