Join the largest dairy processor and be a part of a dynamic team delivering life’s goodness everyday
New Kenya Co-operative Creameries Limited is the leading Dairy Company in the Country re-known for its world class brands that include KCC Butter, Ghee, Gold Crown, Safariland and Mala among others.
We are seeking to recruit a dynamic and result driven person to fill the following vacant position:
Head of Security
Job Purpose: Reporting to Managing Director, Head of Security will be responsible for ensuring maximum security in the organization.
- Carry out physical checks and inspection of the entire organization to ensure maximum security.
- Carry out conclusive investigations on incidents and accidents in order to create a safe environment and prevent recurrence.
- Ensure effective gathering, analysis and dissemination of security related intelligence to safeguard against lapses in security
- Conduct proactive investigations of security irregularities and suspected criminal activities and provide reports for decision making
- Act as a link between the organization and the police in security matters.
- Prepare and monitor section’s budget and forwards it to the Managing Director for approval.
- Prepares weekly reports on the general security status of the organization to keep management updated on security issues.
- Supervises the Security officers and the contracted security guards for efficient and effective service delivery.
- Plan for and ensure consistent maintenance of all security equipment such as vehicle surveillance system, clocking in machine so that they are in good serviceable condition.
- Review and update security policies and procedures and ensure full implementation
- Institute security internal controls to prevent occurrence and recurrence of security threats
- Constitute a disaster management team and offer leadership and training to the team
- Any other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Bachelors degree in Criminology / Security related field in a position of inspector
- Masters degree will be an added advantage
- 8 years’ experience (3 in police force) 5 years in a similar position
- Capable of accurately making critically important decisions with little information and time.
- High-level analytic and computer skills; must be able to navigate menus and perform logic-based searches of data rapidly and effectively.
- Multitasking skills, including the ability to answer multiple phone lines, prioritize alarms, and efficiently dispatch contracted security officers while receiving visitors, issuing/altering/deactivating ID badges, responding to emails, and monitoring CCTV equipment.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time (the entire work day) without becoming distracted or complacent.
- Keen on detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Investigation skills
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial capabilities
- Prior experience managing a section in a busy environment
- Exceptional planning and organization skills
- Excellent communication, analytical and report writing skills
How to Apply
If you meet the specified requirements, send ONLY a hard copy application with a daytime telephone number and a detailed CV, copies of certificates and contacts of at least 3 referees to: Managing Director New Kenya Co-operative Creameries P.O. Box 30131 – 00100 G.P.O. Nairobi Closing Date: Monday 12th June 2017,5 p.m. Please note that all applications MUST be sent through the above address NOT later than date specified. NEW KCC is an equal opportunity employer.