Service Desk Officer Jobs at New Kenya Co-operative Creameries Limited
New Kenya Co-operative Creameries Limited is a leading Dairy Company in the country re-known for its world class quality range of products which include but not limited to KCC Butter, KCC Ghee, KCC Cheese, KCC Fresh and Gold Crown Milk, KCC UHT, Safariland, Delite Yoghurt, La Yoghurt and Mala.
Service Desk Officer Job Purpose in Kenya
- Reporting to the Business Application Manager, the Service Desk Officer will be the first point of contact of computer users with the ICT department.
- Provide user support and problem resolution at first line and/or escalating to second line support
- Accurately record and track calls with internal support teams and 3rd party suppliers.
- Liaise with other IT Unit staff as appropriate to achieve excellence in overall ICT service delivery.
- Liaise with third parties to ensure the support and reliability of all IT systems
- Provide users with tips on how to work more efficiently and how to resolve common problems
- Contribute to technical quality management, and update documentation of all current systems, and any new systems implemented.
- Contribute to the continuity, validity and reliability of all servers, storage, communications and
- As directed, implement server/client patches and system software upgrades.
- Monitor compliance with policies and procedures and report on the same to Service Delivery Manager
- Contribute to the updating of all procedures and projects undertaken by the ICT department
- Support and maintain all ICT hardware and software around the desktop environment
- Any other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
The Candidates Specifications for Service Desk Officer Jobs in Kenya
The candidate must possess the following qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology / Computer Science or related field
- ITIL certification
- 2 years’ experience with at least 1 year in a similar capacity level in a busy environment
- Familiarity with network computer applications – WAN, LAN, Email Infrastructure,
- Good knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange server and Outlook client
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows server/desktop
- VPN and remote access technologies
- Excellent troubleshooting/diagnostic skills
- Good organization and communication skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply
- If you meet the above minimum requirements please send your applications, Curriculum Vitae, indicating current salary, copies of certificates, testimonials and contacts of at least three referees and daytime telephone contacts to reach the undersigned no later than 5.00 pm, Saturday, 30th April 2016.
- Chief Manager, Human Resource and Administration New Kenya Co-operative Creameries P.O. Box 30131 – 00100 GPO NAIROBI
- [email protected]