Laboratory Technologist Job at KEMRI Kenya
Reference Number: LT17052016
- To provide technical support to research teams and set up laboratory experiments, analysis of samples/data and recording of applied processes and procedures in order to meet the research project objectives.
- To co-ordinate and manage laboratory activities for the project, order reagents and stationary, develop and maintain standard operating procedures. Manage and archive samples in the lab, extract and present data for analysis.
Laboratory Technologist Job Key Responsibilities
- Conduct experiments, interpret and document results through the use of routine and basic laboratory procedures involving manual techniques or use of laboratory instruments.
- Standardise, calibrate and carry out preventive maintenance and basic troubleshooting on laboratory equipment and instrument.
- Receive samples and ensure that relevant support documentation is provided and process in line with relevant QC guidelines; document sample and process information.
- Provide technical advice to researchers in the design of experiments.
- Set up laboratory equipment and experiments and guide researchers on use of laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Prepare and collate results, update relevant databases and prepare reports as may be required.
- Monitor lab resources and inform relevant staff on the replenishment.
- Manage and dispose of waste in line with laid down guidelines including segregation and use of specified waste disposal facilities.
- Continually comply with all laid down QMS guidelines/ standards/ SOPs and comply with all health and safety guidelines.
And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications for Laboratory Technologist Job
- A Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Registered with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board
- Experience in molecular biology techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of GCLPs and regulatory/ accreditation agency requirements
- Knowledge of laboratory Health and Safety practices
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Strong analytical and follow through ability; attentive to detail
- Ability to follow laid down processes and procedures
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
How to Apply
Click here to apply