Dental Assistant Jobs at Nairobi Hospital
Organization: The Nairobi Hospital
The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
Dental Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Welcome patients in the dental treatment room
- Prepare patients for dental treatments or checkups ensuring their comfort and providing any instructions
- Prepare treatment room, select and set up instruments, equipment and material needed in the treatment area.
- Sterilize dental instruments and equipment and placing them for easy access
- Assisting the dentist during procedures, including passing instruments, getting supplies, and using the suction tube to keep the patient’s mouth dry
- Provide oral hygiene and post-operative care instructions to patients
- Keep and maintain the dental room clean and well-stocked
- Schedule and follow up appointments
- Maintain accurate patient records and assist with payment procedures
- Maintain patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies.
Qualifications for the Dental Assistant Job
- At least 2 years’ experience as Dental Assistant
- Relevant certificate.
- Knowledge of dental instruments and sterilization methods
- Understanding of health & safety regulations
- Good computer skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Attention to detail
- Well-organized and reliable
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to:
The Human Resources Manager
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026
NAIROBI – 00100 OR [email protected]
To be received not later than 21st July 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.