HR Associate Jobs at World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To deliver a full range of HR support services to ensure accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
HR Associate Job Responsibilities
- Provide assistance on a wide range of complex HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high quality HR services are delivered to clients.
- Allocate responsibilities and support on-the-job learning and development of junior support staff, to ensure they have adequate knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties and subsequently can contribute to the provision of effective HR services.
- Identify evolving needs of the organisation and recommend changes in HR processes and procedures, to support improvements in HR services.
- Analyse and respond to various internal and external queries, to ensure that clients are well-informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives.
- Review and compile a variety of data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, workforce, etc., to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Support activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Support and deliver on boarding for new staff joining WFP, to ensure that relevant processes are followed and the conditions of terms of service are explained and understood.
- Prepare a range of complex HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer/separation letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Use HR management systems for reviewing, entering and updating a variety of HR data including monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
- Co-ordinate the maintenance of confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards
- Monitor staff deployment and handle related administrative actions including preparation of reports, to support efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
Qualifications for the HR Associate Job
- Completion of Secondary Education. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related fields with a HR certification.
- Six or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, including at least three years in human resources or other related field.
- Knowledge of specialised HR administrative work practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Good communication skills and good understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve a range of HR queries.
- Ability to conduct basic analyses in order to generate periodic reports and make recommendations for further actions.
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions and outside WFP in order to effectively contribute to the functioning of the unit.
- Experience in supervising and co-ordinating tasks of subordinates to be able to train and supervise junior staff members within the HR function.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and use initiative to perform administrative tasks within broad WFP guidelines and standards.
- Language: General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
How to Apply