The University of Waikato is inviting applications for Engineering Admission Fees Scholarships.
The purpose of these Scholarships is to provide financial support to first-year students studying at the University of Waikato in the Faculty of Science and Engineering who are performing well academically in their final year of secondary school.
The University of Waikato, informally Waikato University, is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand, with a satellite campus located in Tauranga.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing Bachelor of Engineering v(Honours) degree in the Faculty of Science & Engineering.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Computer Science/Mathematics, Engineering, Science.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship has a value of up to $4,000
Number of Scholarships: Up to one scholarship will be offered to candidates enrolling in the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) degree in Software Engineering offered by the Faculty of Computing and Mathematical Sciences.
Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility: To be eligible, candidates must:
- Be completing their secondary schooling in the year prior to taking up the Scholarship;
- Be intending to enrol full-time (a full-time academic year comprises 120 points) ) in the first year of a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) degree (BE(Hons)) in the Faculty of Science and Engineering;
- Have performed at a high standard in relevant subject areas1 in the National Certificate in Educational Achievement (NCEA) Level 2 or equivalent2.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or have right to permanent residency3.
Nationality: Citizens of New Zealand are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be completing their secondary schooling.
How to Apply: Applications for the Scholarship must be received by the University of Waikato Scholarships Office on the prescribed online form by 31 August. Along with the prescribed application form, each applicant must submit:
- A brief CV (maximum two A4 pages);
- A brief personal statement (maximum of one A4 page) identifying why they wish to study the engineering programme they intend to enrol in and how their background (academic and/or work/life experience) is helping them prepare for this study; and,
- A full NCEA School Results Summary or equivalent
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 31, 2017.