NGO Accounts Clerk Jobs in Kenya(4 Months)
Reference Number: ACCK061117
Category: Accountancy and Finance
JOB PURPOSE:Ensure the accounting system is ‘real time’ through the accurate and timely posting of invoices and credit notes to the accounting system in line with laid down processes/ SOPs. Maintain departmental files and records as required and in support of the Programme.
REPORTS TO: Senior Accountant
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: None
INDIRECTLY SUPERVISES: None
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY: None
- Post entries in line with monthly accounting timetable deadlines so as to ensure that projects reflect complete expenditures for the month and report any back logs in posting.
- Report system faults, errors or any other issues to the Accountant
- Check requests for payment or for issuance of credit notes and ensure laid down procedures have been followed and that the correct forms have been used and duly authorised and documents attached.
- Receive and respond to general accounting queries in regard to prices, authorisation etc. and forward any queries that cannot be resolved to the Accountant or other senior officer.
- Check all relevant invoicing documentation prior to payment and ensure all required information has been provided, documents have been signed and match with other required documentation such as requisitions, deliver notes etc. and place in files.
- Post all invoices, cheques and RTGS and all bank deposits in the system accurately and using appropriate codes as may be necessary.
- Ensure that any changes to data being posted is authorised by the Head of Finance.
- Ensure that only authorised staff access the system and any changes to access rights have been agreed, authorised and/or communicated by the relevant senior staff.
- Produce monthly supplier reconciliations as instructed.
- Report any issues regarding posting errors, batch differences, supplier reconciliation problems to the Accountant or relevant staff as soon as discovered.
- Maintain and update all manual and computerised record keeping and filing systems as required and ensure ease of retrieval.
- Make follow ups on staff debtors
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- KATC/ CPA 1
- At least 1 years general accounting experience
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to take and follow instructions
- Proactive with the ability to plan own work and work with minimum supervision
- Able and willing to learn
- Good interpersonal and communication skills