- Support and coordinate major scientific events promoting ICRAF’s research agenda
- Support ODDG-R in the management of Research Division through management of calendar, meeting support, management of ODDG-R budget etc.
- Use business administration principles and processes to ensure smooth running of business workflows
- Schedule and manage donor visits to the ODDG-R
- In consultation with the Partnerships Directorate, prepare and manage contracts with partner institutions
- In consultation with HRU, prepare contracts of employment for both regular and other staff in the research division
- Oversee office operations to ensure a smooth workflow Liaise with the operations units of ICRAF for various support services as required
- Supports operations by planning, organizing, and implementing administrative system
- Oversee and manage the capital assets of the O-DDG-R
- Coordinate weekly and monthly Research related meetings
- Organise SD/Regions consultative meetings as required
- Archive records and documents pertinent to the work of the research division
- Ensure that information disseminated is complete, accurate, on time and logical
Workshops & Travel
- Provide a leadership role in organizing logistics for workshops, meetings, and events and taking minutes of meetings
- Handle travel bookings, requests and expense claims for ODDG-R staff in liaison with the ICRAF travel office and finance unit
- Make payments and account for workshop expenses
- Book meeting facilities
Required Academic and Professional Qualifications for Admin Job
- A minimum of degree in Business Administration with post graduate qualification in Project Management.
- At least 5 years work experience in a busy office planning and managing programmes, reporting and overseeing the administration function.
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute tasks on time.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
Good computer skills with proficiency in MS office applications.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- A professional and flexible approach to work, with the ability to prioritize.
- Tactful, discrete and confidential, persuasive, sound and timely judgement.
- Sensitive to the delivery of strong customer service.
- Adherence to high quality of work with attention to detail.
- Ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize team performance.
- In-depth understanding of policies, practices, processes and standards for provision of advice and guidance on their impact on research program activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the budgeting process and monitoring
How to Apply
Click here to apply