NGO Administration Officer/Receptionist Job in Kenya,Salary over Ksh70,000
Evidence Action is seeking an Administration Assistant/Receptionist to manage the front desk for it’s Kenya. The incumbent will join a fun, fast-paced and collegial team to offer general office administration. Perfect for an energetic candidate with passion for Evidence Action’s mission to be a world leader in scaling evidence-based and cost-effective programs to reduce the burden of poverty.
About the Position
- Receive and answer telephone calls and take messages as well as report a faulty line
- Organize travel arrangements for staff, including partners and consultants, both Air and ground transport.
- Arrange accommodation for any employees of Evidence Action visitors and partners, if need be.
- Monitor incoming emails and answer or forward as required.
- Managing relationships with internal and external visitors for any administration assistance required by coordinating with my supervisor and programs
- Regularly update and maintain databases such as mailing lists, contact lists and client information.
- Coordinate outgoing messenger and courier service making sure all information required is provided for outgoing mail.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Receive and direct visitors and make sure they sign the visitors’ book.
- Maintain a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Maintain continuity in the team by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Ensure all windows and doors are closed in the evening
- Log in incoming and outgoing mail
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience and Skill
- Minimum Degree holder in Business Management or related course
- 3-5 years’ work experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Good personal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken Swahili and English
- Proficient in MS Office/ computer skills
- Independent, proactive and willing to take initiative.
- Flexible and adaptable outlook approach to work undertaken.
- Ability to interact professionally with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate under own initiative and also take instructions to prioritize and manage any given workload.
- Team Player.
- Time management.
- Presentable, polite, calm, welcoming and enthusiastic disposition with a positive attitude and good sense of humor.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a genuine concern and commitment to staff.
- Enthusiastic to take on a role while developing personally and professionally
How to Apply