ILRI vacancy: Administrative Assistant (closing date: 19 June 2018)
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit an Administrative Assistant on behalf of International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) to provide overall day to day secretarial and administrative support to the Regional Representative and all unit employees /department.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food and nutrition security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional and country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. http://www.ilri.org
ILRI hosts the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) in Nairobi (www.irri.org) with its headquarters in Los Baños, Laguna in the Philippines. IRRI is the world’s premier research organization dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through rice science; improving the health and welfare of rice farmers and consumers; and protecting the rice-growing environment for future generations.
- Act as the focal person for visitors, effectively liaise with both external and internal stakeholders and provide timely and smooth flow of information and appropriate communication within groups
- Ensure the cleanliness and the good disposition of the reception and the office in general
- Manage meetings, appointments for the regional office and write minutes of meetings as required
- Monitor and maintain daily calendar of activities and assignments of the Regional Representative and the Regional Corporate Services Manager (CSM)
- Assist in formatting documents, writing letters, memos, etc for the Regional Representative and the Regional Corporate Services Manager (CSM)
- Coordinate and facilitate requests related to IT, works orders, meetings, visit requests and materials for publications
- Maintain contact details of all monitor team assets/resources
- Keep track of basic office supplies by maintaining inventory and ordering new/additional basic office supplies as needed.
- Maintain an up to date list of contact details of service providers, monitor renewal of existing service contracts and verify and check that services are provided efficiently
- Receive incoming mail and invoices and direct them to the appropriate services.
- Keep a record of inbound and outbound mail
- Assist in the coordination of events as requested by supervisor; welcome/guide visitors attending IRRI meetings, workshops or training and take care of their logistics
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Communication or related field
- Minimum 2-year work experience in Secretarial, administrative support or related field
- Experience in front office experience and public relations skills would be an added advantage
Terms of Appointment
These are Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position; based at Nairobi, Kenya and open to Kenyan nationals only. The position is on a 2-year Fixed Term contract
This position is job level 1C level 3, ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances for ILRI’s Nationally Recruited Staff.
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 19 June 2018. The position title and reference number REF: AA/IRRI/2018 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org/
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.