NGO Administrative Assistant Job in Kenya
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children.
We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity.
PATH is seeking to recruit an Administrative Assistant for HSDSA project who will provide general and administrative support to the administration office and will be responsible for typing of internal and external correspondences, electronic filing, maintaining staff records, office administration, tracking of office equipment and updating the staff leave schedule, as required in addition to tracking payment of utility bills ensuring they are paid promptly.
This position is based in Homabay, Kisumu, Migori, Nyamira
Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Act as a backup to the Receptionist.
- Update the assets inventory data base.
- Prepare departmental reports as required.
- Track payment of utility bills ensuring they are paid promptly.
- Follow-up with vendors on equipment that go for warranty checks and repairs.
- Responsible for stationery and office supplies; ensuring adequate and timely replenishment of supplies.
- Work with the Administrative Officer, source for quotations and provide cost analysis for supplies, equipment and services.
- Fill DA1 forms and ensure they are submitted to USAID by due date. Follow up with vendors for prompt refund of paid VAT.
Requirements for the Administrative Assistant Job
- Diploma in Business Administration with a minimum of three years of related experience working for a national or international NGO in administrative capacity.
- Proven experience in managing a variety of office functions.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to interpret and implement policies and guidelines.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Requires broad cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity.
- Ability to recognize sensitive areas and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, and able to work independently and under pressure.
How to Apply