Administrative Assistant / Receptionist
Our client, an international NGO in quality reproductive health care and family planning wishes to recruit Administrative Assistant / Receptionist to ensure the smooth running of the Supporting Office at the front desk area, the compound, kitchen and the toilets.
The successful operation of the programme greatly depends on the efficient function of the Support Office and as such the Administration Assistant / Receptionist holds an important role facilitating this.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reception and Office Management – answer telephone, greet visitors and suppliers, see to courier deliveries, and keep reception area neat and tidy. Ensure the front area is kept neat and tidy, including maintain and water plants and tidy kitchen, liaise with the support staff to ensure the reception area is clean and has a supply of clean water at all times.
- Supervision of Office Assistants – Supervise the Office Assistants by formulating a check list and duty roaster which the Office Assistants sign after attending to the areas indicated in the checklist. The areas are toilets, kitchen, office floors, office desks, walls, curtains, windows, signposts etc.
- Head Office Utilities – In liaison with the Office Assistants monitor utilities and prepare request for the utilities in case they have gotten to the re order level. Ensure proper record keeping/filing is maintained.
- Boardroom bookings- Make all boardroom bookings when requested and ensure all suppliers e.g. water, tea are availed in the board room for meetings as and when required.
- Office Maintenance – liaise with the P & D Admin to identify areas for repairs and maintenance and follow through on all maintenance requests to ensure completion.
- Security –Limit and control the movement of visitors in and out of the Support Office. Ensure that the Guards at the gate call first call the Reception before any visitor is allowed to come.
- Ensure availability continued supply of sufficient supply of supplies, including but not limited to stationary, kitchen supplies such as tea, coffee, sugar, milk, kitchen cutlery, filtered water, tissue paper and other office supplies are constantly available and reorder when needed through the P & D Administrator
- Receive and distribute all mail for staff and letters received at the desk and maintain a record of the same. Liaise with the storekeeper to ensure all letters and parcels sent from the P&D office receive a tracking number for follow up purposes. Maintain a log book where all letters to staff form the P&D department are signed for tracking purposes.
Skills & Abilities:
- Degree from a recognized Institution
- Postgraduate training in office management or front office management
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in front office operations in or NGO sector or Hospital is essential, hotel
- A high standard of written/spoken English
- Advanced computer skills, experience in MS Word, Excel and Outlook essential
- Demonstrated high attention to detail and ability to follow through tasks to completion
- Punctual and reliable
- Outspoken with a pleasant personality
- Good organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to work self-directed and use initiative
- Trustworthy and responsible
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to [email protected] before 2nd March, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected remuneration, on the subject line.