NGO Administrative Officer Job in Kenya
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children.
We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity.
PATH is seeking to recruit an Administrative Officer for HSDSA project who will serve as key member of the project’s administration and finance team.
S/he will be responsible for functions in the offices associated with property management including IT, equipment and transportation while managing the HSDSA Cluster 1 inventory assets and ensuring that the master database inventory is updated. S/he will be located in Kisumu Office.
Administrative Officer Job Responsibilities
- Supervise DA1 filing processes.
- Maintain administration files and records.
- Oversee the leases and subleases, if any.
- Assist in procurement of goods and services.
- Support the IS Officer to oversee hardware maintenance.
- Oversee maintenance and mileage log books for all motor vehicles.
- In-charge of motor vehicles including coordination of daily drivers’ duties.
- Point person for the Internet Service Provider in the absence of the IS Officer.
- Assist in annual project budgeting process regarding administrative components.
- Coordinates duties and activities of Drivers, Admin Assistant, Stores Clerk and Receptionist.
- Manage the HSDSA Cluster 1 inventory assets and ensure that the master database inventory is updated.
- Manage all office facilities, equipment, vehicles, housekeeping services, improvements, repairs for county offices in Kisumu.
Requirements for the Administrative Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, office management, social sciences or related area.
- A minimum of Four years’ experience working for a national or international NGO in an administrative capacity. Proven experience in managing a variety of office functions including procurement, management of property, equipment, vehicle fleet, information technology, insurance and security issues.
- Demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office computer packages.
- Ability to plan and work independently and make decisions without close supervision.
- Organized, accurate, efficient and capable of thoroughly handling detailed work assignments.
- Proven ability to work in teams as a team member, player and leader and supervise team members.
How to Apply