Assistant Program Officer Job at St. John’s Community Centre, Kenya
St. John’s Community Centre is a faith based organization of the Anglican Church of Kenya Nairobi Diocese. We have projects aimed at improving the livelihood of Orphan and Vulnerable Children and elimination of Mother to Child transmission of HIV (eMTCT) through an integrated community based program.
Applicants who have applied for the same positions in the resent past should not apply again.
We wish to recruit suitable professionals to the following positions:
Assistant Program Officer For Elimination Of Mother To Child Hiv Transmission Project.
Assistant Program Officer Job Key Responsibilities
- Enrolling HIV positive expectant mothers
- Supervising and managing Community Health volunteers
- Support CHV’s in Monitoring mothers through home visits
- Assist program officer in training Community Health workers and Mentor mothers
- Facilitate support group meetings
- Disseminate appropriate health information
- Provide Stigma reduction and behavior Change Counselling
- Monitor adherence to eMTCT of the clients
- Keep in confidence and update patient records.
- Prepare activity reports for submission to the program officer.
- Monitor client referrals to ensure they are effective
Qualifications for Assistant Program Officer Job
- Degree or Diploma in Community health, a Qualified Registered Nurse, Community Development or in a related social science.
- Certificate or diploma courses in HIV/AIDS management or counseling or has a certificate in HIV Counseling and Testing
- 3 years’ experience in an integrated community based health program with a focus on PMTCT.
- Knowledge, skills and positive attitude to provide community health services to HIV Mothers and their significant others, from informal settlements
- Counselling skills to support health behavior change;
- Fluency in both written and oral English and Kiswahili
How to Apply
- Interested candidates must submit their applications, complete with a CV, copies of ID card,Certificates and testimonials, names and telephone numbers of three professional referees and a reliable telephone number. Indicate the position you are applying for at the top of the envelope. Send application via Post office mail or hand deliver to;
- The Chairman Human Resource Committee, St. John’s Community Centre, P.O. Box 16254-00610 Nairobi, Kenya.
- To be received not later than 2nd September 2016. Kindly note that, only short listed persons will be contacted.