The University of Maryland, College Park is a public research university located in the city of College Park in Prince George’s County, Maryland, approximately 4 miles from the northeast border of Washington, D.C
Under the supervision of the respective laboratory managers/supervisors, the laboratory technologists will support molecular and immunology work related to HIV including routine laboratory maintenance duties.
- Perform all aspects of HIV viral load/EID laboratory testing work necessary to support diagnosis and Patient monitoring on Roche CAP/CTM; Abbott M2000 and Roche C8800 platforms
- Perform all aspects of CD4 T-Lymphocyte cell count of HIV infected individuals blood using the BD FACS Calibur platform
- Ensure adequate stock of reagents and other consumables are available and track usage
- Maintain laboratory QC/QA in the performance of assigned duties
- Record test results obtained in an organized and timely manner and write summary reports
- Document all problems encountered with samples/equipment and forward them for action
- Observe at all times GCP/GCLP to ensure quality work is attained
- Facilitate PT testing and other EQA schemes as recommended by the quality assurance officer
- Support validation of new HIV testing protocols or platforms
- Contributing to program monitoring and evaluation
- Support the laboratory in achieving and maintaining ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for medical laboratories
- Ensure proper operational procedures and laboratory safety precautions are maintained and adhered to in the laboratory
The ideal candidate should have:
- Experience in carrying out basic PCR testing for HIV Diagnosis or Viral Load Testing, and CD4 enumeration technology
- Understanding of molecular testing in relation to key HIV/TB tests
- Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB) certification is an added advantage
- Eloquent communication (oral and written).
- Good organizational skills.
- Sound interpersonal and liaison skills as well as a team player.
- Pleasant personality, flexibility, team player, ability to solve problems, work with minimal supervision.
How to Apply
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and updated CV showing names of three professional referees to [email protected] on or before 14th June, 2017.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.