NGO Clinical Officer Job
Reference Number: CO160817
Category: Clinical Healthcare and Research
JOB PURPOSE:The position holder will work within a clinical team (2 other COs) and provide research care to a group of approximately 400-500 male and female sex workers, including men who have sex with men (MSM) who make monthly study visits, in close collaboration with the clinical section head. The principal investigators are Drs. Susan Graham and Eduard Sanders. Study volunteers are followed longitudinally in different clinical epidemiology studies at the KEMRI clinic in Mtwapa.
The post reports to the Clinical Section Head.
The position holder will also provide clinical training to visiting health care workers on most appropriate health care services for MSM.
- To provide high quality clinical care for male and female sex workers.
- To participate in data collection for research, including STI investigations.
- To be the lead CO in clinical trial involving 60 positive MSM starting ART.
- To perform clinical audits, and adhere to quality management procedures
- To give clinical training to visiting health care workers on most appropriate health care services for MSM
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Registered by the Kenya Clinical Officers Council.
- At least 3 years documented experience in research.
- Computer Literate with proficiency and experience in using email applications and Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES:
- A Clinical Officer with interest in serving vulnerable populations
- Sensitive that men who have sex with men need special support & clinical care
- Experienced in clinic or field based studies, data collection, and Good Clinical Practice
- Trained and experienced in ART and or PrEP care
- Able to work independently and to prioritise work
- A good communicator team player