Reference Number: CFI-07072017
Category: Clinical Healthcare and Research
JOB PURPOSE:To play a lead role at the Malindi HIV study site, and support, maintain and contribute to all HIV related research activities in Malindi including community and stakeholder engagement, training and reporting.
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
Site’s petty cash
- Coordinating mobilisation and recruitment of key populations for HIV prevention research in Malindi.
- Training of research volunteers and other key stakeholders on research related projects.
- Taking a lead in the implementation of community engagement activities for HIV research with key populations in Malindi.
- Overall management of Malindi HIV research site.
- Engage with healthcare providers, LGBT organisations and other key stakeholders for HIV research in Malindi.
- Provide supervision to other team members in Malindi site.
- Prepare reports based on ongoing work/studies, and present this information to a variety of stakeholder audiences as required.
- Liaise routinely with CCC-colleagues regarding the progress of ongoing work/studies.
- Attend meetings with Malindi-PI / Line Manager, approximately every week
- In charge of internal requisitions of study site supplies
- Management and maintenance of site fixed assets and other sources
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A Higher National Diploma in community development or equivalent
- At least 6-7 years’ experience as a Community Facilitator or Community engagement.
- Significant HIV-related research experience especially with key populations.
- Training in research ethics and MARPs sensitivity will be an added advantage
- Sound and demonstrated knowledge of HIV key populations
- Experience with HIV prevention research with Key Populations and stakeholder engagement for Key Populations research
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Good analytical and follow through ability
- Good planning, organisation and co-ordination skills
- Ability to take and follow instructions, initiative, keen to learn and proactive with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Flexibility, adaptability, multi-tasking and attention to detail
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment