NGO Data Manager Job in Kenya
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Data Manager based in Siaya.
Overall Job Function
The Data Manager will be responsible for the capture of all SHINDA project data, ongoing analysis of aggregate and patient level data, and the timely reporting of project data from all CHS-supported sites in Siaya County.
- Under close supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor, develop and maintain a program performance dashboard and performance monitoring plan for the SHINDA project
- Coordinate data compilation and review the quality of data submitted by M&E Officers for completeness, consistency and correctness in preparation for monthly donor reports
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and consistency of the data through DQA so that it meets standards of quality expected for reporting to the donor through the PEPFAR DATIM system and DHIS
- Conduct monthly data validation checks to identify missed opportunities within SHINDA Project for program interventions
- Perform quarterly data analysis for presentation at donor, program, county, sub-county and facility performance progress review forums
- Participate in the revision and development of data collection and reporting tools for SHINDA Project needs
- Ensure mentorship of CHS staff and facility staff on DDUI to foster better data utilisation to inform programmatic decision-making processes
- Support in the implementation of electronic medical records (EMRs) system that excels in enhancing patient management in CHS-supported sites
- Provide accurate data and information for compilation of monthly, quarterly and annual report, work plan and scientific writing
- Prepare ad hoc data related requests as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in statistics, mathematics, computer science or epidemiology. A Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- At least five years relevant experience and advanced skills in statistical software SPSS and/or SAS as well as in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint)
- Expert skill level in the use and navigation of MoH DHIS2 and PEPFAR DATIM aggregate reporting systems
- Experience in working with MoH systems and HIV-related reports will be an added advantage
- Strong data management and analysis skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with individuals from diverse professional backgrounds
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to [email protected] clearly indicating the reference number and position title in the subject line by 5.00PM Friday, March 23, 2018.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.