Data Officer Job at St. John’s Community Centre, Kenya
St. John’s Community Centre is a faith based organization of the Anglican Church of Kenya Nairobi Diocese. We have projects aimed at improving the livelihood of Orphan and Vulnerable Children and elimination of Mother to Child transmission of HIV (eMTCT) through an integrated community based program.
Applicants who have applied for the same positions in the resent past should not apply again.
We wish to recruit suitable professionals to the following positions:
Data Officer For Elimination Of Mother To Child Hiv Transmission Projects
Data Officer Job Key Responsibilities
- Assist the program officer in developing the projects M&E framework
- Preparation of data collecting tools
- Responsible for capacity building of fellow staff, monitoring point persons at the clinic and community level on monitoring requirements to ensure compliance with Project reporting requirements
- Ensure effective data collection, processing and data analysis
- Prepare data reports for submission to the program Officer
- To manage and maintain the Project database system, ensure proper data entry procedures, storage and appropriate use of data to track program performance
- Supervision of part time data entry staff.
Minimum Requirements for Data Officer Job
- A first degree in social sciences, public health, or other related discipline from a recognized university.
- Comprehensive training in Data management and M & E
- 2 years relevant working experience in Data management in a HIV program.
- Demonstrated skills in M&E frameworks, systems development and development of data collection tools
- Experience in conducting trainings in project data management.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, including advanced skills in at least two of the following programs: SPSS,
- Excel, Epi Info, Stata, SQL and MS Access.
- Field experience in data collection, analysis & quality assurance.
- Good understanding of public health issues particularly HIV/AIDS and PMTCT
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit their applications, complete with a CV, copies of ID card,Certificates and testimonials, names and telephone numbers of three professional referees and a reliable telephone number. Indicate the position you are applying for at the top of the envelope. Send application via Post office mail or hand deliver to; The Chairman Human Resource Committee, St. John’s Community Centre, P.O. Box 16254-00610 Nairobi, Kenya. To be received not later than 2nd September 2016. Kindly note that, only short listed persons will be contacted.