The Kenya programme of Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is recruiting an Administration Assistant for our Kakuma office.
Purpose of the role: The Administration Assistant will be required to proactively be involved in providing comprehensive administration, logistical and procurement support to the Kakuma team; be an active and participatory member of the Kakuma team.
Administration Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Managing the Kakuma Location’s front office including responding to all official enquiries, making formal appointment and coordinating programs diary; planning meetings and taking minutes.
- Handling administrative requests and queries from senior managers.
- Maintaining an efficient office filing system and management of general office correspondences;
- Management of the staff welfare kitchen and supplies.
- General office maintenance (cleanliness and ensuring availability of utilities/office supplies).
- Offering logistical support for official travel; bookings of flights and transfers,
- Coordination and management of staff meetings; trainings. Including booking of venues and travel arrangements as required.
- Making guest house reservations for staff working in the field as well as guests/staff visiting the field office for missions.
- Providing support in dispatch and receiving of parcels to and from the field location.
- Support Finance & Admin Officer through receipt of and stamping of invoices before payments are processed; cheque and cash issuance to suppliers
- Maintaining an assets management system.
- Provide supervision to the compound cleaner, housekeeper and kitchen staff in ensuring cleanliness of offices, guest houses and the compound in general.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time
Qualifications for the Administration Assistant Job
- Diploma in Business Management, Business Administration or any other closely related field.
- Minimum relevant experience required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in providing front office and office administration support preferably with an INGO.
- Excellent knowledge of basic computer applications (Particularly MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint), and use of the internet.
- Excellent oral and written English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet required deadlines.
- Ability to resolve conflicts arising in the work environment.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Preferred Skills & Competences
- Good levels of numeracy.
- Knowledge and exposure to the social and cultural values of the region concerned.
- Good communication skills as well as Proficiency in local language(s).
- Proven commitment to and understanding of AAH-I’s vision, mission and core values.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email application letter and CV (with 3 referees) addressed to [email protected] to be received by 14 May, 2018. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates.