NGO Diploma Jobs in Kenya
Reference Number: CF II-10-2017
Category: Clinical Healthcare and Research
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE: Coordination of the Linkage after Self-Testing (LaST) study taking place in Mtwapa and Malindi. This will include: recruitment and post-test follow-up of clients, supervision of peer mobilizers, data collection and entry, and logistical support for effective engagement with Key populations groups and participating health facility and community pharmacy service providers
- Day-to-day coordination of the LaST study in Mtwapa and regular support to implementation of the study in Malindi
- Coordinate recruitment of key populations for HIV self-testing through peer mobilizers and community pharmacies. Support training and supervision of peer mobilizers on research procedures
- Engage mobilized clients, confirm their eligibility for study participation, and obtain written informed consent.
- Coordinate randomization and field-based data collection. Administer pre-test and post-test survey questionnaires. Take notes during focus group discussions. Support data entry and cleaning.
- Support engagement with Key populations groups and participating health facility and pharmacy service providers
- Act as a link between the community and research team by providing correct and accurate information about the study.
- Identify, document and follow up issues arising from community engagements & trainings.
- Support development of project information, education and communication materials.
- Support internal requisition and tracking of study materials. Send reimbursements to clients and service providers as per approved protocol.
- Prepare study reports, attend site meetings and perform other duties as directed by the PI
- Diploma in Community Development specializing either in project management or social work
- At least 4 years’ experience as a FW or 2 years’ experience as a facilitator working with communities preferably in a HIV-related research organisation
- Significant experience in provision of HIV testing and counselling services especially to key populations
- Training in research ethics and MARPs sensitivity will be an added advantage
- Computer literate
- Good analytical and follow through ability
- Good planning, organisation and co-ordination skills
- Excellent relationship skills, especially with key populations
- Confident, calm and mature disposition
- Confidentiality, high integrity and strong ethics
- Flexibility and willingness to help and take on additional roles
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment