Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance Officer (Procurement & Finance) will be responsible for all procurement activities of the organization. He/she will also have duties within the Finance Department including budgetary control, mission tracking and reconciliations.
Procurement procedures – 30%
- Conduct efficient and collaborative procurement procedures which are compliant to TI Kenya’s procurement policy (This includes the pre-tendering process, tendering, setting evaluation criteria and awarding of contracts) with a value for money outcome.
- As Secretary to the Procurement Committee, call for, record and keep minutes of all proceedings of procurement meetings.
- Preparation of all tenders/bids/contracts for consultancies in liaison with the relevant programme staff and facilitate dispatch of the same
- Conduct Supplier Pre-qualification annually as per TIK policies and update list of eligible vendors in TIK database and highlight areas of concern and recommend alternatives where necessary.
- Initialize and process all approved requisitions
- Ensure timely commencement and conclusion of procurement processes for any recurring contractual services eg. staff medical scheme and other insurances
- Prepare, encumber and dispatch LPOs for all goods and services and follow up to ensure timely delivery
- Follow up on delayed deliveries and keep user departments informed; consulting them if there is need to change specifications or suppliers
- Prepare monthly procurement reports (both procurement plans and estimates and post procurement reports) for review by the management team.
- Administering and management of all correspondence received through TIK Procurement email address.
Contract and supplier management- 20%
- Liaison with the contractors/consultants/suppliers on behalf of the procurement committee for any follow ups and or communication of the committee’s verdict after evaluations
- Preparation of Contracts or LPOs for successful contractors/consultants/service providers and ensuring that the same are well serialized and managed.
- To keep abreast with contents of signed MoUs and Contracts of suppliers/consultants and align procurement processes and procedures to procurement legislation and donor regulations.
Asset management – 10%
- In charge of TI-Kenya assets management including tagging, storing and maintenance scheduling.
- Maintain an updated fixed asset register, coordinate annual fixed asset verification exercise and perform reconciliation of the physical count with the system record.
- Co-ordinate the receiving of assets and goods purchased and ensure that the user departments are available to confirm quality and quantity.
- Secure and keep safe custody of server room access and establish control measures to monitor movement of assets.
- Conduct periodic asset verification exercise in liaison with the Admin Officer
- Establish controls to assign assets to new staff and manage handover process upon exit from the institution
- Assist programme officers to prepare annual estimates of expenditure to facilitate effective and efficient management of their programmes
- Assist in fund raising efforts by developing relevant budget and maintenance of updated donor records, files and grant management matrix in liaison with Programme Staff.
- Track budgetary allocations per programme before approval of mission proposals
- Ensuring that requirements imposed on TI-Kenya through grant agreements are adhered to ensure updated records are kept on all financial transactions which TI-Kenya has made both from its own resources and from project/programme specific grants
- Ensuring that all payments for services rendered are made according to financial and procurement guidelines
- Receipting and recording of all cash inflows received from donors or reimbursed by staff
- Manage cash handling forms in liaison with Admin Officer
- Review and approve imprest accounting forms and ensure these are input in NAV in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain books of sub-grantors and other partners with whom TIK may appoint from time to time
- Update cashbook and prepare monthly bank reconciliation of all bank accounts of TIK
- In charge of online filing of taxes and statutory payments for PAYE, NHIF and NSSF and other statutory deductions
- In liaison with the Human Resource and Administration Manager, ensure that the relevant payroll journals are passed correctly and timely in to the general ledger
- Monitor pension and sacco contribution and payments on behalf for eligible staff members as TIK policies.
- Monthly review of all General ledger postings and advising the Finance Manager on any journal entries required
- Extraction of timely financial reports for management, donors and statutory purposes.
- Ensure maintenance of a good petty cash system and monitor petty cash reimbursements, surprise cash verification and monthly reconciliations
- Assist and give support to auditors during TI-Kenya annual and other audits
- Assist the Finance Manager in any other duties as may be delegated
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce from a recognized University, with a major in accounts or finance
- Minimum of CPA III
- Diploma in Purchasing & Supplies Management
- Enhanced computer literacy, with a good exposure to an Enterprise Resource Planning management system and related financial modules
- Previous work experience in procurement and supply chain work
- At least 3 years’ experience in finance and accounts gained in a busy environment, preferably in an NGO or private sector
- Costing and cost control
- Budgeting and budgetary control
- Financial reporting
- Cash management
- Taxation expertise
- Strong analytical and statistical skills
- Honest, diligent and trustworthy
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Recent proven experience in a procurement function involved in high risk, high value, complex works, services and supplies covering a range of commodities.
- A sense of urgency and prioritization of tasks
- Problem solving skills
Do not attach your testimonials or certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications will be processed on first come basis. The recruitment is open until filled.
|Job Category||Finance and Admin|