Job Title: Sponsorship Admin Assistant
Organisation: Empower a Child
Duty Station: Uganda
About Empower a Child:
Empower a Child is a not-for-profit faith-based organization operating in East Africa. Empower a Child is registered in United States of America as a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit organization. When it was started in 2006, Empower a Child focus was on the humanitarian situation in Uganda and Kenya, in particular, re-building communities, community structures, and empowering the youth. Empower a Child developed an integrated approach to development through engagement in four key sectors: education (including child sponsorship), health education, vocational training and entrepreneurship, character and spiritual development.
In the year 2010, Empower a Child Uganda purchased land in Zirobwe, Luwero District (approximately 1.5 hour drive north of Kampala, the Capital City). This land is in the heart of a community that has struggled to re-build from a guerilla war that took place over 30 years ago. Empower a Child, hopes to work with the community to build a self-sustaining community development program on this land. There have been marked developments so far. Since 2010, Empower a Child has constructed a community church, medical clinic, established a community school, started up an economic empowerment program that directly reaches the women and has set up agricultural and animal husbandry projects to diversify income avenues of the households. In 2017, Empower a Child is re-locating to the Zirobwe to better assist the community development program impact.
Job Summary: The Sponsorship Admin Assistant will be responsible setting up and running the sponsorship office in Zirobwe and also do assessment, response analysis, design and implementation of the child protection components of Empower a child in Zirobwe. S/he will need to co-ordinate with other staff to ensure a rapid, proportionate and effective response. S/he will need to ensure response to immediate child protection issues with simultaneous consideration of longer term needs and possible scenarios. Depending on the situation the jobholder may need to take a very active role in technical co-ordination, support and advocacy with the Centre leadership and other stakeholders and technical agencies relevant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all data entry duties of data from the children’s files into the sponsored children’s database. Ensure that all children’s files have the correct basic and current documents and rectify any with missing information
- Handle all administrative duties within the sponsorship and Kampala office to ensure smooth running of the office including but not limited to; keeping track of overhead costs, keeping track of requests for leave, purchase of office stationery for daily use, posting letters to sponsors, printing of expense, request and report forms
- Compile the monthly sponsorship report and represent the data in a relevant graphical format
- Maintain a filing system for all relevant reports, minutes, weekly requests and memos.
- Maintain a database log of letters written and posted, gifts received and distributed, medical expenses, attendance of children to sponsorship meetings,
- Maintain a database of all sponsored children, their regions and contact details
- Support the field coordinators with photocopying and filing relevant documents in the children’s files
- Prepare for sponsorship department meetings, take down minutes and file them accordingly
- Type all recruitment forms approved for sponsorship by the manager and keep all the forms safely
- Prepare weekly requests and accountabilities on behalf of the department according to the approved annual budget
- Maintain and keep track of all equipment assigned to the department
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the Sponsorship Manager
- Attend all sponsorship, staff meetings and devotions.
- Mentor sponsored children as delegated by the sponsorship manager
- Participate in any EAC activities when called upon.
- Complete your monthly report by the last week working day of each month
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Empower a Child Sponsorship Admin Assistant job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in social work, education
- A minimum of five years’ experience, three years of progressively responsible professional experience in program support
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- The applicant must be a mature Christian characterized by a strong Christian testimony, a heart for ministry, and knowledge of the Scriptures.
- The applicants must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Empower a Child and faithfully upholds Empower a Child ministry in prayer.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a letter of application(One page) together with current curriculum vitae (3 pages)showing details of your address and contact plus copies of certificates with two professional references and your Pastor to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] (please clearly indicate job applied for in subject of Email
Deadline: 11th January 2017 by 5:00pm