From emergency response through post-conflict development work, in a great variety of roles around the world, the International Rescue Committee’s 8,000-plus staff is a force for humanity and hope. If you’re skilled and passionate, we’d like to add your energy to ours.
Careers at the IRC are as wide-ranging and far-reaching as our work. Encouraging staff development through promotion, transfer and rehire, the IRC nurtures long-term career paths and helps employees grow within the organization.
At any given moment, on any given day, all around the world, IRC staff members are restlessly and effectively working for the sake of the most vulnerable among us—to restore and renew hope, dignity and freedom.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Assistant (Warehouse) and overall guidance of the Logistics Manager, the Supply Chain Intern will provide clerical and administrative support to the Logistics team at IRC Kenya Country office in Nairobi. S/He will work closely with other supply chain staff, including procurement and administration.
Supply Chain Internships Responsibilities
- Support the Logistics team in handling of warehousing, transport and other logistical tasks and documentation
- Update the daily stock tracking sheets and forward to supervisor for approval
- Compile suppliers’ delivery documents for payment and submit to Supervisor for review prior to submitting to
- Procurement to raise payment requests.
- Support the Drivers to prepare monthly vehicle fuel consumption and maintenance reports and submit to
- Logistics Manager for review
- Filing of supply chain documents in an organized format as agreed with supervisor.
- Expedite delivery of ordered goods and services; follow up on partial deliveries and ensure all purchase orders are fully serviced
- Assist in sending/ receiving of shipments, mailbags and medical samples to/from the field sites
- Support Logistics and Procurement teams to follow up on clearing of imported goods at the airport
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Requirements for the Supply Chain Internships
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement / Logistics / Business Administration or a closely related field.
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Competent with using Computers and computer packages ( Word, Exceland Outlook)
- General knowledge of logistics and administrative procedures and tools
- Good numeracy skills
- Takes personal initiative to learn
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility and willingness to work long hours if necessary.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Good organization and multitasking skills.
How to Apply
- Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector. Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email: IRC [email protected] or report to the nearest police.
- IRC leading the way from harm to home. IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at [email protected] As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.