HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya (HRTK) – Kenya Office
JOB TITLE: PROTECTION INTERN
REPORTING TO: PROTECTION OFFICER
HIAS is an International organization, established in 2002 as HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya. It was established as a partnership between local NGO’s and HIAS Inc. The main goal is to address the assistance, protection and durable solutions needs for refugees with heightened risks in Kenya, through the provision of direct psychosocial, social and resettlement services, as well as through community outreach and capacity building for partners.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote and protect the rights of the most vulnerable refugees.
- Assist in developing interventions including, but not limited to, advocacy initiatives, awareness raising, targeted trainings, to strengthen prevention and response based on data on protection concerns
- Participate in capacity building for community workers, support groups and agency workers.
- Attend monthly meetings with community leaders, support groups and other stakeholders on prevention of protection violations of refugees whenever called upon
- Assist in case management and documentation of protection violations
- Build Capacity for HIAS staff, partner staff and other stakeholders on various protection concerns thus awakening their concern for a broader approach in their advocacy and future programming.
- Assist in the production of accurate, detailed and timely reports highlighting objectives, achievements and impact on project activities.
- Maintain and update database for walk in clients at Mimosa office
- Performing other duties as required by management
- Minimum Academic Attainment Required University Degree in Law, Social Sciences.
- Bachelors’ degree in social sciences with good knowledge of human rights doctrine or extensive field experience in international refugee law.
Skills & Competencies
- Good Planning, Management and Organization Skills
- Proficiency in English, Knowledge of Kiswahili
- Minimum 2 years previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Good Computer skills
- Team work and accountability
- Integrity and Respect for Diversity
Method of Applications:
Qualified Candidates to send their CVs and Cover Letters to [email protected] by Close of Business of 29th June 2018. Clearly indicate ‘Protection Intern’ on the Subject of the email.