IT Intern – Nairobi
Sector: Information Technology
Employee Type: Intern
Employee Category: Full Time
Description: The IT Intern will be primarily responsible with providing support for our internal users on the use of their desktops and laptops. Through our ticketing system and the telephone
He/she will provide users with solutions to questions and issues with their computer hardware and software.
- Level I Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to password resets, account creations, account terminations, desktop and laptop builds and printer support
- Level II Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to Sophos anti-virus assistance, Windows 7 Professional support, Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2013 support, Active Directory Maintenance, Microsoft Exchange/Email support, general laptop, desktop and printer repair, and light network troubleshooting.
- Enterprise Ticket Management – Work inside our (Helpdesk system) enterprise ticketing system, Service-Now, to provide timely and transparent staff support of all requests
- Vendor Management – Work directly with IT vendors (Service providers) to obtain support, repair and warranty information
- Hardware Inventory – IT intern to work with our Supply Chain department in imaging, distributing and tracking all hardware; also tracking and installing all purchased software for country program
- Preventative Maintenance – IT intern will also be responsible for checking on critical systems to ensure there are no interruptions in business continuity and take part in the monthly maintenance “blackout windows”
- Various Projects – Position will need to assist IT officer on various IT projects such as AD integration and office 365 implementation.
- College degree or equivalent certification
- Proficient in Microsoft family of products (Windows, Office and Server)
How to Apply
- CLICK HERE to apply online
- IRC leading the way from harm to home. IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.