Job Title: Call Centre Coordinator
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Probationary Period: 3 Months
Job Summary: The purpose of the post is to provide overall coordination of the interface between Marie Stopes Kenya and her clients and stakeholders through various communication channels for information dissemination, providing professional counselling services, feedback and directing business through client bookings across all channels.
The strategic purpose of the Department is: Strategic exploitation of commercial and marketing opportunities benefitting the fulfillment of MSK’s mission
About Us: Marie Stopes Kenya is an NGO registered in Kenya. We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International.
Together we deliver high quality sexual and reproductive health care and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable women.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further our Goal: THE PREVENTION OF UNWANTED BIRTHS and its mission of ensuring the individuals right to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCEThe post holder commits to and is held accountable to Marie Stopes’s global values: mission driven, customer focused, results orientated, pioneering, sustainable and people centered
Key Responsibilities and Measures
- This post has the following key responsibilities with related deliverables:
- Manage team and run the MSK Call Centre
- Establish monthly protocols and guidelines that will guide client engagement and management of the Call Centre
- Provision of counselling, support and information to MSK Clients and employees
- Work closely with M&E and IT departments to ensure all data is captured
- Provide overall planning and coordination of services and activities undertaken at the call centre ensuring proper coverage.
- Monthly team performance reports
- Existing call centre protocols and guidelines as well as monthly QTA reports
- Monthly supervisory reports showing number of clients and staff counselled.
- Detailed data capture in the system to ensure effective reporting
- Monthly call centre activity and output reports by team members
- Manage team and run MSK Call Centre
- Determines call centre operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses
- Identifying and evaluating state of the art technologies, defining user requirements, productivity, quality and customer service standards
- Maintains and improves call centre operations
- Asses training needs and develop a training programme for the call centre teams
- Working with IT on equipment maintenance, calling for repairs
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge on call centres
- Monitor system performance monthly and issue report
- Number of complete action plans
- Quarterly report on emerging trends in call centre operations that could be used to improve the MSK Call Centre
- Training provided on a quarterly basis to the Call Centre team
- Establish protocols and guidelines that will guide client engagement and management of the Call Centre
- Development and operationalization of a call centre Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Manual or various processes at the Call Centre.
- Quality assurance and management protocols
- Making available and standardising various information tools and materials for reference by the Call Centre team
- Existing and followed SOPs for all processes within the Call Centre.
- Monthly QTA self-assessment reports
- Availability of standard reference tools and materials for the Call Centre.
- Provision of counselling, support and information to MSK Clients and employees
- Counselling and providing relevant information to clients and who access MSK through our call centre on reproductive health and related issues
- Monitor inbound and outbound calls to all clients made by the call centre agents and make necessary recommendation
- Support given to the call centre agents when handling calls from clients
- Providing counselling services (individual and group) for Marie Stopes Employees who work in service delivery as well as genera counselling to employees
- Number of clients counselled every month by the team
- Monthly client feedback and experience reports
- Weekly debrief session reports
- Number of monthly individual and group (supervisory) counselling sessions undertaken
- Working with M&E and IT on Data Capture
- Enter new customer information into the system and maintain the Call Centre database
- Use of data capture and ensure all reports required are generated
- Detailed client information in the system.
- Monthly reports on all system operations
- Provide overall planning and coordination of services and activities undertaken at the call centre ensuring proper coverage
- Coordinating client satisfaction surveys across all our channels in conjunction with the M&E team and research for required information using available resources
- Coordination of general follow up for all clients reaching our service delivery channels with specific emphasis on Family Planning, PAFP, and Cervical cancer screening and testing.
- Establishing, facilitating and coordinating use of client, staff and strategic partners databases to be used for strategic engagement e.g. through bulk sms
- Plan promotions, campaigns and client engagements on all electronic platforms for all the MSK channels i.e. facebook, twitter, website, youtube and [email protected]
- Monthly client satisfaction survey reports
- Monthly client follow up reports
- Operational client and staff database with monthly engagement/campaign reports
- Monthly detailed reports on engagements and campaigns undertaken and impact generated
- Skills and ExperienceQualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Sciences or Business Management
- Minimum of one year working experience in a call centre set up
- Ability to manage and develop team members
- Courses in communication and client management and nursing background will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Fluent communication in both English and Kiswahili
- At least one year working experience in an SRH organisation.
- Customer service experience.
- Knowledge of administration and clerical processes.
- Good knowledge of MSK services and services delivery channels
- Ability to work long hours and in a shift system
- Prior experience in a call centre environment ( an added advantage )
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Effective listening Skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills
- Team work
- Stress tolerance
- Positive attitude
- Respect for others
Attitude / Motivation:Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
There are 13 key behaviours that MSI encourages in all employees and they are defined below:Initiative
Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
Focus on Learning
Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
Drive and determination to deliver results
Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 5 pm on 21st August 2015 to Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: [email protected] shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Call Centre Coordinator”
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity Employer