Job Title: Program Administration Manager
Organization: Water For People
Reports to: Country Director
Water For People is a global non-profit organization with headquarters in Denver, Colorado, USA, and country offices in Kampala, Uganda. Water for People aims at improving people’s quality of life by supporting the development of locally sustainable drinking water resources, sanitation facilities, and health and hygiene education programs. Water For People currently operates in 10 countries in Latin America, Africa and Asia. Currently, Water For People Uganda works in partnership with Local Governments western and eastern Uganda and is expanding operations in other districts.
Job Summary: The Program Administration Manager will be responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations and procedures to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency in the country. The job holder will significantly contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. General Administration:
• Relieve management of administrative detail through the timely provision of logistical support to all programs, meetings, etc
• In charge of establishing policies, procedures, and work schedules for all support staff
• Actively contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Ensure regular staff meetings and reflections including management of staff minutes
• Responsible for the general administration of local contracts drafting of contracts/ agreements; Filing and safe custody of the contracts.
• Be accountable for and manage the staff/service providers delivering the following functions:-
o The reception & front of house functions e.g. Office supplies by identifying needs for reception, stationery, switchboard, mails, and kitchen;
o The physical infrastructure for the operations
o The vehicle administrative functions
• Administer Country Program assets to staff and conduct annual inventory
• Maintain working files and records; prepare procurement minutes, progress reports.
• Ensure that international staff posted in the country acquire legal instruments
• Security and internal controls for the department.
• General management and oversight of staff in the department
2. Support for Management & Operational Functions:
• Actively contribute to development of the Strategic Plan
• Ensure systems and information collection can contribute to management reporting and reporting against performance indicators in the Strategic Plan.
• Responsible for the preparation of administration budgets and reviewing progress against budget.
3. Human Resource Management: Work closely with the Country Director to actively contribute to Human Resource management issues including recruitment, induction, the planning and facilitation of training of staff and development, job descriptions, conditions of employment, etc.
4. Procurement: The Administrative Manager will be responsible to Water For People Uganda procurement duties including:
• Operationalize procurement functions at the Country Office Coordinate and facilitate procurement planning,
• Prepare inputs to standard bidding documents for project activities.
• Prepare inputs as needed by Water For People
• The incumbent will procure goods and services through the Country Office
• Prepare, evaluate and collate short-list of suppliers
• Actively monitor procurement through regular updates of the procurement plans.
• Maintain working files and records;
• Maintain current market knowledge by evaluation of technical data, price and payment terms, visits and phone/e-mail interviews and contacts.
5. IT & T Systems:
• Working with the global IT team, manage appropriate and effective information technology systems
• Significantly contribute to the development, review and implementation of an IT
• Ensuring appropriate backup processes for all staff
6. Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare: While Staff must take reasonable care to protect staff own health and safety at Work, the Administrative Manager will also contribute to occupational, health and safety responsibility by:
• Actively communicating and updating Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare responsibilities, policies and procedures to all staff;
• Providing professional advice on Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare
• Ensuring the Country Director as the “responsible officer” under the legislation
• Ensuring office resources are maintained in safe working condition;
• Identifying and addressing building, equipment, safety and security issues,
7. Other Duties Coincidental to the Position: Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Country Director
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The Programme Administrative Manager must be a Ugandan with an advanced degree in Administration.
• A minimum of four years’ experience in Administration.
• Computer literacy skills especially in all MS and Windows-based applications, including Excel, Word.
• Demonstrated writing, presentation and reporting skills.
• Be a self-starter with the ability to undertake tasks without intensive supervision
• Fluency in spoken and written English language;
• Willingness to engage equally well in requirements of the job.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send a detailed CV and testimonials plus three (3) independent referees and their contacts addressed to: The Country Director, Water for People Uganda, P.O. Box 1420, Kampala. Uganda.
Email to: [email protected]
Deadline: 5th September, 2015