Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Kenyan nationals for the following position:
Liaises with: Officer- Community Empowerment, Community Development Facilitators & Education Development Trust, Teacher Coaches
One (1) Year Fixed Term Renewable Contract
Under the day to day guidance of the Senior Officer- Education, the incumbent will be responsible for implementing quality interventions at sub-county level that enhance access, competency acquisition and transition of Most Vulnerable Children through a variety of education pathways.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The staff is responsible for day to day implementation of project workplan inter alia:
- Strengthen capacity of school systems and communities to improve attendance, learning outcomes and transition for the Most Vulnerable Children through a variety of Education pathways
- Strengthen capacity of school systems and communities to improve protection and safety for the Most Vulnerable Children
- Identify and document education related changes at community level attributable to the project
- Advise the line manager of boosters and barriers to education for MVCs at community level to facilitate reinforcement and mitigation measures respectively
- Liaise with CHV’s, CHAs and Community Development Facilitators for adequate support at community and home level for MVC holistic education needs
- Liaise with Officer- Community Empowerment for mainstreaming of education matters in Community conversations.
- Continuously identify and share with the line manager areas of improvement in the project
- Monitoring and quality assurance of project activities
- Collecting project monitoring data
- Represent Concern at Sub County level
Responding to Emergencies:
- Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
- Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
Programme Participant Protection Policy
- To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct.
- A degree in education or relevant field
- At least two (2) years’ experience in Primary Education including:
- Mentorship or Child to Child clubs
- Protection of vulnerable children
- Life skills education
- Early grade literacy including assessments
- Strengthening school system in a development and emergency context
- Monitoring and data collection
- A Trainer of Trainers
- Good understanding of cross cutting issues – Gender, HIV and AIDS, DRR
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and report writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili. Fluency in the local language is an added advantage.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.
How to Apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a CV and cover letter only to [email protected] with the title of the email as ‘Officer – Education Marsabit ’. The closing date for applications is Sunday 13th May 2018.
Each application must include at least three referees who can validate technical expertise. Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.