FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Senior Finance Officer
The Senior Finance Officer is responsible for oversight of the financial management for LINKAGES Project in Kenya and will ensure the achievement of all financial control and performance objectives in accordance with requirements of FHI 360 and its funding agencies in coordination with the Project Manager (LINKAGES).
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and support for all financial management areas including, accounting, payments, reporting systems and procedures for the LINKAGES Project in Kenya.
- Directs and manages the LINKAGES Project budget in accordance with the approved annual budget and monitors program expenditures on an on-going basis.
- Oversees the timely completion and accuracy of monthly financial reports prepared for submission to USAID and FHI 360.
- Responsible for the maintenance of adequate financial resources to support monthly program operations and subproject reimbursements.
- Ensures all activities related to financial management are carried out in conformance with policies and procedures established by FHI 360 and USAID.
- Oversees the pre-award audit of new implementation agencies and guides the subproject budget development with project staff.
- Oversees the monitoring and review of subproject financial reports to ensure compliance with subproject budgets and FHI 360 policies.
- Directs the provision of formal and informal technical assistance to implementing partners on issues of financial management of FHI 360/USAID policies and procedures.
- Carries out/coordinate internal auditing or inspections of books of accounts for LINKAGES Project local implementing agencies.
- Participates and contributes to the overall mission of FHI 360.
- Performs other FHI 360 related duties as assigned by the Project Manager LINKAGES.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Significant, demonstrated experience in managing donor funds.
- Strong working knowledge of USAID financial management policies, procedures and practices.
- Must have demonstrable hands-on experience with an accounting system and high-degree of competency in MS Excel and other accounting packages.
- Demonstrated experience in supervision and managing a team required.
- Excellent communication skills in English required and proficiency in Swahili is an added advantage.
- Experience working with an international non-governmental organization preferred.
- Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field relevant to the position requirements with 5-7 years of experience in financial management for large complex projects, or MBA/MA/MS or a related field with 3-5 years of which at least five years were working in the field of international development.
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant (K).
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here