Regional Finance & Administration Manager Jobs at Terre des Hommes Netherlands, Kenya
Terre des Hommes Netherlands is presently looking for a
Regional Finance & Administration Manager
Objective of the position: The goal of this position is to ensure that all administrative organisation and internal control processes of Terre des Hommes Netherlands (TdH-NL) in the East African region are executed correctly and completely and are of high standard; that both the Director of Finance and ICT at Head Office (HO) and the Regional Representative / Management Team (MT) at Regional Office (RO) are timely updated and informed, and can take informed decisions to maintain the required quality standards.
Position within the organisation: The Regional Finance and Administration Manager (RFAM) is positioned in the RO of TdH-NL in Nairobi, with frequent travel in the region (Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda) and occasionally to TdH-NL’s HO in the Netherlands.
The RFAM is a member of the regional management team. He/she will report functionally to the Director of Finance and ICT in TdH-NL HO, and daily activities are coordinated and reviewed with the Regional Representative in Nairobi.
He/she will work closely with the country teams in the countries (including Finance and Admin Officers), and other staff in the region and at HO.
Specific objectives in Kenya
- Financial administration up-to-date and accurate (reporting on operations and programmes, cash-flows, etc.)
- Financial management (policy development and advice, quality control, budget and expenditure performance monitoring and advice, audits)
- Administrative management and processes (procurement and disposals, assets, Human Resources (recruitment / termination), legal advice
- Support to country offices
- Function as member of Management Team and other
- Responsibilities and Tasks
- Through the input of Finance and Admin Officers (FAOs) at Country and Regional Offices:
- Review and provide support to compiling operational and programme budgets;
- Ensure that all financial commitments and transactions are executed timely and in line with established procedures as per Finance Manual, both for operations and for programmes;
- Ensure that transactions are timely and accurately recorded in the financial administration;
- Ensure that monthly financial reporting is done timely and accurately, to consolidate these and to report monthly, quarterly and annually to RO and HO, including analysis and recommendations;
- Ensure that cash flows (transfers from HO to RO, Country Offices and partners) are requested timely.
- Develop and maintain financial and administrative policies (including for ICT), where this is required, in consultation with HO and RO, and roll these out;
- Take note of changes in accounting principles from within TdH-NL or in the region, inform and advise, and implement these;
- Initiate and coordinate internal and external audits of TdH-NL operations and programmes;
- Advise and take appropriate action in cases of misappropriation of funds, fraud, etc.
Administrative management and processes
- With support from the Regional Operations Manager:
- Ensure that the general running of the regional office is up to desired standard;
- Coordinate (larger) procurement processes, according to procedures (tendering, pre-qualifications, etc.);
- Ensure that all ICT hard- and software is according to TdH-NL standards and serviced and maintained;
- Manage and maintain up-to-date HR administration;
- Provide legal advice, through selected lawyers and other contacts.
Support to country offices
- Update country offices on any relevant developments in terms of finance and administration, and build capacity as required;
- Ensure and provide support to country offices for partner capacity assessments (PCATs) to be carried out in terms of financial management capacity timely and accurately;
- Support country offices in financial management of partner contracts as required;
- Provide support and advice to country offices on general office running matters;
- Any other support and/or advice to country offices as may arise in the area of finance and administration.
Function as member of Management Team RO and other
- Actively participate in RO management team meetings, inform and advise in his/her field of expertise and be able to place in context and act;
- Assume any other duties that can reasonably be asked from the position.
Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant degree, in finance or business administration up to Masters degree;
- Experience of at least five years in financial management including multi-level budgeting, reporting, monitoring, financial analysis, quality control and auditing;
- Good working knowledge of accounting practices in an (I)NGO;
- Experience of at least five years in administrative processes, including logistics and procurement, HR, legal affairs, etc.;
- Good ICT knowledge and skills, including financial and accounting software;
- Knowledge of and interest in the social, religious and political structures of the region and how these relate to the organisation.
- Excellent communication skills, i.e. structured thinking and presentation;
- Team-building, networking and alliance building skills;
- Excellent written and verbal command of English language; Swahili is preferred.
- Able to plan and organise
How to Apply
Please send your motivation letter and curriculum vitae by e-mail to the Regional Operations Manager at: [email protected], clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications for this position, no later than by Monday 28th March 2016. For more information about this position, you can contact the RFAM through the same email address.Only Kenyan nationals or those with permanent residence and permit to work in Kenya should apply.