Graphic Designer Job Opportunities at RTI, Kenya
RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
TAYARI Project aims to improve learner’s preparedness for primary school through improving emergent literacy, emergent numeracy, psychosocial and health skills.
Graphic Designer Job Responsibilities in Kenya
The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact.
The role involves
- working closely with the RTI Technical staff and other stakeholders to understand their Graphic Design needs before making design decisions;
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts, through interpreting Project graphics needs and developing designs to suit their purpose.
- S/he is expected to create design ideas and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts;
- Drawing artwork, using computer graphics software and proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- Working with a wide range of media, emerging technologies as well as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- The Graphic Designer works closely with freelance illustrators to design and produce varied illustrations and any other art work to support project implementation.
- S/ he is also expected to do photography of high quality as required.
Qualifications & Experience for Graphic Designer Jobs in Kenya
- A Bachelor’s degree in Fine Art, Communication design, Media arts, Print and digital media management and Visual communication and design or a diploma in a related field.
- Seven to ten years of experience as a graphic designer in a mainstream publishing outlet with demonstrated experience in layout and creative services.
- S/he needs to have proven competence in desktop publishing tools, design and image processing software.
- Accuracy and attention to detail and professional approach to time, costs and deadlines a must.
- Experience in developing instructional material for the education sector will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter and CV to [email protected] by 4th April, 2016 by 5.00 p.m. Applicants must include the, POSITION & LOCATION in the subject line of the email. Please do not attach copies of certificates. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.