Procurement Assistant Career Opportunities at RTI, Kenya
RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
TAYARI Project aims to improve learner’s preparedness for primary school through improving emergent literacy, emergent numeracy, psychosocial and health skills.
Procurement Assistant Job Description in Kenya
- The Procurement Assistant is to provide support to TUSOME & TAYARI Projects logistical needs including but not limited to the processes of Procurement (Local and International– as needed) and timely delivery of procured goods.
- S/he will ensures that Procurement systems in RTI are conducted according to; all RTI policies, client regulations, standard operating procedures and good business practice.
- In addition, s/he will contribute to the development of weekly and monthly reports on procurement.
- The Procurement Assistant will need to understand RTI’s standard procurement operating procedures for project-related commodities ordering and distribution.
- S/he will support efforts to prequalify vendors for work on the projects to ensure proper maintenance of the contract register, timely renewal of leases, and other contracts.
- S/he will maintain all of the procurement files, ensure that all documents are complete as guided by the procurement checklist and RTI procurement guidelines.
Qualifications and experience for Procurement Assistant Jobs in Kenya
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in business management or related field with supply chain certification, and two (2) years’ experience in procurement and supply chain management.
- Membership with a professional procurement body desirable e.g, Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS), Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
- Experience with costing, budget reporting, and tracking of materials.
- Experience within the Not for Profit sector and familiarity with donor reporting requirements is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and willingness to travel frequently to the field offices
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter and CV to [email protected] by 4th April, 2016 by 5.00 p.m. Applicants must include the, POSITION & LOCATION in the subject line of the email. Please do not attach copies of certificates. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.