Purpose of the Job: To offer an all round sectoral support in areas of standardizing reporting in each sector, disseminating donor policies, communication, proposal development and supporting Monitoring and evaluation.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
Key Result #1 – Reports and Administration – 25%
- Streamline and standardize filling and reporting in each sector and roll out manager’s score cards. This involves ensuring timely submission of quality donor reports and FH monthly and annual reports.
- Disseminate donor policies and regulations to managers and ensure better understanding and application and assist in resource mobilization.
- Develop and disseminate reporting frameworks and guidelines for use by program staff and liaise with M&E to ensure timely monitoring and evaluation.
- In collaboration with the PD and program managers develop and maintain updated sector strategies that reflect FH vision, mission and Kenya national strategy
- Make field visits to follow up on programs progress and make recommendations on integration and strategic aspects through the program director
- Gather inputs and contributions from managers and support the Program Director in proposals development, grant amendments and reports for introduction to the donors.
- Represent FH Kenya in attending donor and sector coordination meetings (at the Nairobi level) as directed.
- Serve as point person for collecting stories, key successes, best practices and material for internal/external communication and also for marketing &fundraising purposes. This will include production of written stories as well as provision of basic video and photos as required.
- Lead in sharing key successes, lessons learnt and best practices with program teams through practical sessions and exploring ways of how programs can integrate some of the positives.
- In liaison with the country leadership, formulate and deliver effective, country communication strategies and related activities.
- Update country web page and portal (FH Connect) with relevant country information
- Vibrant personal relationship with Christ
- Knowledge of relief and development strategies
- Practical experience in project cycle management
- Ability to travel (up to 30% per year, domestic travel)
- Must demonstrate interest and good communication skills
- Proficiency in MS office suite
- A minimum of a University degree and technical orientation in agriculture, livestock, child development, health and nutrition, HIV/AIDs and natural resource management.
- At least 5 years’ experience working at program management and coordination level
- Demonstrated experience in report writing, donor relations
- Successful experience in proposal preparation and grant management