Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organizations in Kenya. Its mission is to be the leading humanitarian organization in Kenya delivering excellent quality service of preventing and Alleviating Human Suffering.
The Society is looking for qualified persons to fill the following positions:
Position Title: County Project Coordinator – Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn child and Adolescent Health
Technically: The County Health Director / Chief Officer for Health
Administratively: County Manager – Kenya Red Cross Society
Job Location: Wajir, Marsabit and Mandera (I position per County)
Job Summary: Improving Maternal, Newborn and Child health is a key global agenda. Although some progress has been noted, the goal of reducing maternal mortality ratio remains unmet.
With Kenya’s MMR of 488 per 100,000 live births, more than 6,000 women and girls are estimated to die each year as a result of pregnancy-related complications most of which are totally preventable.
The proposed project to improve maternal and new born mortality in high burden counties is aligned to existing in-country development, health policies and initiatives that aspire to increase access and improve quality of health services.
The project will specifically focus on four areas:
Improving access, utilization and quality of integrated RMNCAH and HIV services
Generating community demand for RMNCAH and HIV services
Building institutional capacity at county and national levels
Strengthening of monitoring and evaluation systems
The core functions of the County Project Coordinator will be to support the overall implementation of the project, including reporting, financial management and monitoring in the designated county.
More specifically the County Project Coordinator will:-
Provide Technical support to:
- Implement the RMNCAH Project in County ensuring effective integration with county health and development plans, systems and service delivery structures;
- Coordinate the provision of technical assistance to county counterparts in the implementation of the RMNCAH project.
- Promote multi-sectoral and county-wide coordination:
- Participate in and provide technical inputs to the RMNCAH project coordination meetings in the county to promote a multi-sectoral approach to link up and scale up the integration of RMNCAH Project;
Guide Project Management:
- Ensure the overall responsibility for the management and coordination of the project including procurement of works, goods and services, financial management, monitoring and evaluation and the preparation and submission of required reports based on the procedures set forth in the signed Funding Agreement;
- Prepare regular analytical reports to be shared with Partners and the Project Steering Committee;
- Facilitate documenting the best practices and approaches for deepening the knowledge base for partners as an integral resource for implementation of RMNCAH.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced university degree in public health, medicine, demography, social sciences or related field;
- At least 7 years’ experience in development, design, and implementation of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR)/RMNCAH programmes in developing countries;
- Experience of working in Africa especially Kenya either with Governments or UN systems will be an added advantage;
- Experience in the management of county or national level RMNCAH or Health related programmes;
- Fluency in English with excellent writing, analytical and communication skills;
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to the address below clearly indicating only one County that they are interesting in working and the application should be received on or before 14th August 2015.
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees.
Interested candidates from these counties are highly encouraged to apply.
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,