World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 15 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Driver. This position will be based at the National Office, and reporting to the Transport Officer.
Purpose of the position:
To drive authorized passengers, transport goods and services (information) and check the mechanical condition of the World Vision vehicle regularly and act accordingly in line with World Vision policies.
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate quality spiritual life that can be commendable to others.
The major responsibilities:
- Conduct major daily / regular checks to ensure the vehicle is in a sound mechanical condition.
- To keep the vehicle safe and clean, and ensure it is serviced regularly according to schedule
- Transport staff and visitors while on duty.
- Deliver mails/ packages to respective clients/partners.
- Fill log books and other vehicle related forms
- Deliver documents ( Child protection policy, World Vision Rwanda profile, Security Advice) to visitors and ensure they(visitors) sign the Child Protection Policy
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Qualification required:
- Should have an advance level certificate.
- Should have a category B driving permit
- Should have 3 years experience in the same field.
- Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Knows local road rules and travel routes in Rwanda
- Should be fluent in English , knowledge of French is an added advantage.
- Should be computer literate (Word, Excel).
- Asset management
- Mechanical refreshing/Vehicle care and maintenance course
- Child right and protection
- The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience:
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on [email protected] (no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 11th March 2016; no late applications will be accepted.
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.