Job Summary: Financial Management Advisor (FMA)
Organisation: Democratic Governance Facility (DGF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Democratic Governance Facility (DGF) was formed as a union of eight of Uganda’s International Development Partners to manage coherent, harmonized and coordinated multi-donor support to state and non-state actors aimed at enhancing democratic governance in Uganda. DGF’s programming is based upon three components: Deepening Democracy; Rights, Justice and Peace; and Voice & Accountability.
Job Summary: The Financial Management Advisor (FMA) will be responsible for undertaking partner pre-grant assessment, grant monitoring and carrying out monitoring visits in conjunction with programme staff. In addition, the FMA will conduct capacity building of partner organizations, review and verification of partner budgets, transfer of funds and payments, review of accountabilities of partner organizations and enter data in the accounting system.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carry out pre-grant assessments and field site visits to ascertain the financial capacity of the potential implementing partner organizations and prepare pre grant assessment reports.
• Provide technical support to Programme staff and implementing partner organizations on the financial management and reporting requirements.
• Carry out quarterly review of financial reports to ensure compliance to agreed activities and allocation of funding, and resolve any issues arising with implementing partner organizations.
• Regularly review the DGF implementing partner organisation expenditures to ensure activites are in line with the approved partner budget and that they comply with clauses in the partnership agreement and the DGF business procedures.
• Responsible for identifying financial management skills gaps in implementing partner organizations and where necessary provide induction, orientation and technical assistance in critical areas.
• Carry out monitoring visits to implementing partner organizations and prepare monitoring visit reports for approval by the Finance & Administration Manager as well as discuss the findings of the monitoring visits with the staff of the implementing partner organizations for corrective action.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with full professional accounting qualifications either ACCA, CPA or equivalent.
• A minimum of five years’ experience in the Not for Profit accounting or audit preferably in a multicultural environment.
• Prior experience in audit especially in the NGO sector.
• Working knowledge of local and international accounting policies, procedures and standards and proficiency in using Navision.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their application letters, copies of academic documents and updated CVs along with the contacts of three professional referees to: The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, Diamond Trust Building, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda by email: [email protected] Please include the position title in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 2nd October 2015 by 5:00pm