Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Organization: Raising the Village International (RTV)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Raising The Village International (RTV) is a Canadian non-profit organization which works in works with hard to reach “last-mile” villages in Uganda focused on ending extreme poverty by eliminating immediate barriers of scarcity, nurturing income-generation activities and building local capacity, while moving communities toward economic self-sufficiency.
Job Summary: The Human Resources Officer originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development at Raising The Village. The Human Resources Officer coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs; reports to the Finance and Administration Manager, and assists and advises Raising The Village Management about Human Resources issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts the recruiting planning meetings when needed staff is identified.
- Coordination of all aspects of recruitment include posting, tracking of candidates and the interview process
- Reviews resumes for all candidates and interviews, when assigned, candidates for employment.
- Tasked with the preparation of Paperwork, as required
- Conducts onboarding and orientation for new employees
- Ensures appropriate resources are available for new employees
HR Administration/Policy and Procedures:
- Prepares and reviews RTV policy and procedures, employee contracts and documentation, templates and forms
- Reviews organizational and space planning throughout RTV head and field offices
- Provides day-to-day benefits administration services. Assist employees with any claim issues.
- Develops and schedules benefits orientations and other benefits training.
- Recommends changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
Performance Review Process:
- Coordinate the performance review assisting managers and staff to complete in a timely manner, twice a year
- Review and recommend, based on feedback review and results, HR issues to senior management.
- Provide employment development opportunities (in-house or external training) based on identified needs.
HR Projects and Workplan:
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Maintain and execute year workplan to improve the Human Resource function within the organization.
- Submit reports to Management Team highlighting HR issues.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists to establish departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company’s strategic goals.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Raising The Village Human Resources Officer job opportunity should hold a University Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Organization Development, or related fields
- At least two to five years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations is preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred, not required.
- Previous experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs is an added advantage.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of employment laws and practices.
- Effective oral and written communication, fluent in English
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Ability to travel 25% of time, as required
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Project management skills
- Strong training & facilitation/coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Accurately completes multiple tasks while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, available resources and multiple reporting relationships.
For detailed job description, please Click Here
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should send a letter of application and curriculum vitae including address, telephone contact and two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PDF documents are preferred, and include all relevant information in your letter or CV, no other documents will be forwarded to the hiring committee.
- Please indicate your position of interest in your email or subject line.
- Resumes received after the deadline will still be considered in a future round.
Deadline: 2nd May 2017