Job Title: Payroll Administrator
Organization: Medical Teams International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Report to: HR & Administration Manager
Medical Teams International is an international Christian Organization with the mission of demonstrating the love of Christ to people affected by disaster, conflict and poverty. They provide humanitarian aid to people in need regardless of a person’s religious background, affiliation or experience.
Job Summary: The Payroll Administrator will carry out all activities necessary to process payroll, including maintain related records, filing tax reports, preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for management. Incumbent is solely responsible for all payroll related activities. This position works closely under the direction and supervision of the HR & Administration Manager in order to carry out all necessary HR/payroll/financial management and fiscal control policies and activities for administration.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, B-Com, Statistics, Business Administration, HR with additional training in finance management or related field from a recognized University.
• At least two to three years of payroll accounting experience
• Broad knowledge and understanding of computer software & applications in respect to HR and payroll management.
• Excellent communication skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Good numerical and data entry skills
• Computer literacy skills i.e. Word. Outlook and Excel
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work flexibility to meet the needs of the department.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should hand deliver their application letters with at least three referees, copies of academic documents and a daytime telephone contact to Medical Teams International Kampala office addressed to;
The Human Resource and Administration Manager,
Medical Teams International-Uganda,
Plot 8 Circular Drive,
Ntinda Ministers Village,
Deadline: Friday, 30th October, 2015 by 4:00 PM