Supervises: Programme Officers.
Emali Dedicated Programme is a Local NGO working with Child Fund Kenya to implement child and youth programs focusing on Healthy and Secure Infants; Educated and Confident Children; Skilled and Involved Youth; Capacity Building for Families and Communities.
The incumbent will provide the operational and management leadership direction needed to successfully promote child focused, community development in the organization.
- Program development, planning, coordination and reporting. The holder is expected to direct the successful implementation of a fully integrated community development that is child centered in consultation with ChildFund Kenya Program Manager;
- Budget holder for Emali Dedicated Programme.
- Enable Affiliate Community Organizations to successfully achieve or surpass proposed child and organization core outcomes and other ministry focused key performance metrics;
- Ensure Programme compliance with the LOA and National Office/donor contracts by way of planning, implementing and preparation of reports;
- Ensure adherence to financial, sponsorship and program management standards and performance criteria.
- Monitor and manage organizational risks related to contract compliance
- Build Area efforts to engage and successfully coordinate and partner with government officials, community leaders, NGOs and other key stakeholders in the area of influence by serving as EDP primary local representative;
- Enhance effective communication at all levels between staff, other departments and the ChildFund Kenya.
- Represent and speak for the organization in forums related to development within the area of jurisdiction
- Provide leadership in human resources management, financial management and capacity building. This entails performance management, supervision, promoting teamwork, coaching and mentoring.
- Ensure that staff development activities, including appraisals, performance agreements, monitoring and needed training and mentoring activities are successfully carried out;
- Impart appropriate mentoring, coaching and supervision in order to equip, motivate and empower a new generation of program leaders within Area.
- Ensure the timely and effective implementation of all Area related project / program interventions as well as the successful achievement of proposed outcomes and intended impact;
- Ensure that all Area projects and programs achieve acceptable financial and operational audit results by implementing interventions in accordance with established norms and policies;
- Ensure that sponsorship supported interventions within the Area meet or exceed the organizations key performance indicators for sponsorship;
- Ensure that grant funded interventions within the Area meet or exceed donor performance and compliance expectations;
- Ensure that the Area successfully meets or exceeds established yearly resource acquisition targets;
- Ensure that all staff within the Area program domains meet or exceed basic professional requirements and conduct themselves in accordance with ChildFund policies and principles;
- Spearheading Fundraising and resource mobilization initiatives.
- Carry out other activities and duties as required to support ChildFund organizational objectives.
- Must have outstanding oral and written communications and relationship skills and;
- Must be willing to perform other duties as required.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- High level of credibility and integrity
Qualified candidates may submit their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae by email stating current and expected remuneration package; names and contacts of three professional referees one of whom must be the previous employer to: [email protected]
How to Apply