ACTED Kenya / Somalia
Department: Somalia Program
The organization’s vocation is to save lives, assist vulnerable populations and bring hope to those in need for better future.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the position of a Program Coordinator for Somalia Programmes
- Oversee and monitor the implementation of all projects for ACTED in Somalia in a timely, accountable and quality manner.
- Technical line management of the program officer of ACTED at field level and be the focal point for Implementing Partners
- Directly coordinate with the other departments
- Represent ACTED in diverse national and regional fora and promote the organization’s institutional relationships effectively.
- Responsible for overall coordination of Somalia program team in absence of the Area Coordinator
- Be the driving force in all elements of planning and delivery of Somalia programme activities.
- Ensuring that the work plans are done on time
- Ensuring that all the objectives of the project are fulfilled.
- Monitor the development of current programs (progress, suitability and effectiveness) and suggest modifications to Area Coordinator
- Responsible liaison with local partners, communities and other stakeholders, and providing oversight on behalf of the Country Director.
- Propose and Harmonize ACTED tools for program in Somalia
- Ensure that local communities are closely involved in project implementation and that the relationship between ACTED and local communities remains harmonious, together with field managers and Are Coordinator
- Plan, draft, update and communicate work-plans with all relevant departments
- Ensure that all necessary information of program is provided to Logistics and Finance in a timely fashion.
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Provide fair, timely and accurate analysis of progress and report problems during weekly internal meetings;
- Together with Area Coordinator, set objectives and specific and general indicators in order to assess and monitor the impact of the programs and to reshape them if necessary
- Ensure qualitative input from Program Officers as requested for other reports and documents
- Participate in the elaboration of the program report.
- To ensure that project files are completed and regularly updated with periodic reporting and monitoring information and any other communication that is required.
- Collect technical information and analyze associated opportunities and risks for programs in the area of operation
- Ensure and approve quality and adherence to guidelines and due dates set in any contractual documents (proposal, intermediate and final reports…)Conduct field visits as often as possible, at least bi-monthly, to accessible locations to support the teams on site, pre-empting problems and listening to the teams
- Identify relevant technical authorities/partners, and propose formal partnership and/or contracts
- Monitor and support capacity development of partner and field implementing teams (training plans, capacity assessments)
- Provide support and information to AME team during their reviews;
- Discuss AME findings and work to take adequate corrective measures to improve the quality of activities based on findings discussed
- Draft memos in coordination with AME team detailing lessons learned and best practices identified during the project;
- Technical line management of the Program Officers to ensure that program activities are met in a timely, effective and accountable manner.
- Follow-up on program team related recruitments, trainings and capacity building.
• Follow-up recruitment needs and HR situation;
• Undertake regular programmatic capacity assessments of partners.Support staff security:
- Active element of the ACTED Security Team in Somalia especially focusing on projects implementation.
- Responsible for the day to day communications with our suppliers and vendors in Somalia.
- Participate in meetings and ensure visibility amongst local authorities and aid actors.
- Represent ACTED in donor meetings, present on behalf of ACTED
- Attend relevant trainings.
- Masters/Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Development studies, Social science or other relevant discipline
- Extensive project management experience (management, planning, staff development and training skills) in emergency and/or development programmes
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English
- Good inter-personal skills, commitment and motivation
- Must be fluent in written and spoken Somali
How to Apply