We are looking for motivated and committed staff member with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to join our team as the Kisii based Program Coordinator.
Job Title: Program Coordinator (Kisii based)
The Program Coordinator will work closely with the trainees to plan and carry out community based health assessments and interventions to improve health. In addition, she/he will be expected to provide weekly email summaries of activities and attend weekly teleconferences with US and Kenya based leadership.
- Master of Science Degree in, Nursing or Public Health or Degree or Higher Diploma in Nursing or Public Health
- Be able to design, amend and implement an experience based training curriculum
- Ability to communicate effectively and frequently to domestic and international supervisors
- Able to provide and receive constructive feedback to improve performance
- Computer literate (Word, Excel)
- More than 2 years experience in community health care
- Knowledge and experience with the health system in Kenya (required) and in Kisii (preferred)
- Fluent in Kisii (preferred)
- Willing and ready to travel within country
- Planning and scheduling training curriculum for 8 week training cycles of paired US and Kenyan trainees
- Serve as the principal liason with the Kisii County health officials, NGO partners, hospital staff and administration, Kisii community advisory board and Kisii community members
- Lead discussion and planning of community health assessments and interventions
- Maintain strong relationship with the community groups involved
- Submit weekly written summary reports on the administration and activities of the program
- Participate in 2-3 teleconferences per week with US and Kenya based leadership
- Perform other duties that may be given by the Program Directors
- Uphold the mission and vision of KEMRI/UW Organization
The successful candidate shall be based in Kisii.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI salary scales.
How to Apply