HJF is seeking a Program Manager III for the Program Management Office (PMO) located in Nairobi, Kenya. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to PMO.
The Program Management Office at the Henry M. Jackson Foundation manages multiple research programs at the corporate level and overseas. The primary focus is on customer service. The Senior Program Manager for the GEIS Kenya award is responsible for providing administrative project oversight in order to maximize the effective use of project resources. This program is expanding to additional countries within Sub-Sahara Africa and requires senior level program management. Specific areas include: budget and accounting, space management, personnel management, overall management, contracts, and purchasing. Works on complex problems and identifies and evaluates solutions to the problems. Position is located in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Ensure the Mission of USAMRD-K/DEID is accomplished
- Responsible for the supervision and hiring of all DEID contracted employees.
- Work very closely with the COR to ensure all contractual obligations are fulfilled.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the USAMRD-K and KEMRI
- Ensure all required contract deliverables to the USG, the host government and HJF are complied and submitted on time
- Assist in proposal development and ensure all costs are properly captured.
- Facilitate information flow between program members, scientific directors, and the Foundation.
- Coordinate the decision-making process between all program participants.
- Train and mentor program/project managers in their daily activities.
- Execute and manage the budget for the program as a whole and for individual projects within the program.
- Reviews space utilization within the Program, make recommendations accordingly.
- Coordinates, and conducts personnel actions and furnishes guidance and assistance as needed.
- Provides advice on manpower utilization, workflow, and operational procedures to increase efficiency, productivity, and make overall improvements for the program. Analyzes costs and pricing data submitted by the contract centers to verify and substantiate direct and indirect costs.
- Prepare requests for contract actions and proposals. Assures full compliance with all contract requirements, schedules, and provisions.
- Represent the Foundation in a professional manner at all times.
- Support other GES funded activities in Uganda and Tanzania.
- Any other duty as requested by the VP.
- Coordinates and approves the initiation and processing of purchase orders, supply sources, work orders and maintenance and renovation requests. Authorizes payment of invoices.
- Completes other projects as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of organizational objectives, the federal budget process, office automation; ability to work completely independently; ability to use sound judgment in solving problems; ability to coordinate many complex systems and programs at the same time; excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Masters preferred but bachelor’s degree in scientific field or related field required.
Minimum Experience: 6 to 10 years related experience in scientific project or program management. (Experience can be augmented and evaluated by completion of Program Management specific course work)
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: Supervises staff
Work Environment: Office and laboratory setting
Travel: 33% of time
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Vice President of Human Resources.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here