Save the Children Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office is looking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Senior Regional Human Resources Manager
Team / Programme: Human Resources
Child Safeguarding: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
- As a key member of the Regional Human Resources team and in close collaboration with the Regional HR Director, you will be responsible for supporting and advising the country programmes on the various HR processes and systems.
Scope of Role:
Reports to: Regional Human Resources Director
Staff directly reporting to this post: HRIS Officer, HR Assistant
HR Manager Job Key Areas of Accountability in Kenya
- Coordinate Regional and Country Office HR Quality assurance and reporting, ensuring the Save the Children Management Standards is in place and implemented across the Country Office.
- Ensure HR policy and procedure are in place and implemented by the Country Offices
- Ensure the right systems and processes are in place for recruitment, orientation and induction, compensation and benefit management, performance management and staff development.
- Ensure compliance of Country Programmes to the Save the Children Quality standards and building country programme’s capacity to adhere to the standards. Quality assurance and compliance across Country Offices.
- In coordination with the Operations Department acting as a conduit between the Country Offices and Regional Office regarding improving systems and process in HR management adding value to the transaction in both directions
Compensation and Benefit
- Providing advice on Compensation, Benefits and Regional HR Policy.
- Work closely with the center Compensation and benefit unit to prepare offer for international contract
- In coordination with the center HR issue International staff contracts and set up personal files for each employee.
- Assist with pre-employment medical screening administration for International employees.
- Coordinate with the center HR the submission of applications for BUPA membership, Life Insurance, and Long Term Savings plan enrolment for
- International employees, ensuring this is set up in advance of their start date; and notify new employees accordingly.
- Respond to administration related queries on Insurance enrolment for International employees.
- Ensure successful completion of HR payroll information for International staff with all documentation submitted accurately and in line with payroll deadlines on a monthly basis.
- Update the HR information system (HRIS) in a timely and accurate manner. This includes setting up new starters, leavers, amending personal details, updating contract information, inputting performance ratings, training information and running of reports on a monthly basis.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of data through timely input to electronic and hard copy l personal files.
- Maintain confidentiality in respect of all candidates’ and employees’ records whether manual or computer maintained and ensure that all records are held securely.
- Ensure HR Systems and processes are in place for Humanitarian Responses in the region
- In collaboration with the Humanitarian Response Team, Regional HR Director, HR counterparts in country offices throughout the region and the
- Country Directors, plan, coordinate and implement HR policies and procedures for emergency programs
- Coordinate with the country office and establish orientation/induction and exit briefings for humanitarian deployments.
- Coordinate and give advice on the national staff benefit for emergency responses
- Coordinating potential areas for job swapping, temporary assignments and other recruitment opportunities to enhance Country Offices capacity in both development and emergency programs
- Ensure the establishment of a complete data base system across the country offices using HRIS to effectively manage the staffing updates to be used by the Regional Office and country offices for all occasions and especially for emergency scenarios.
- Acting as back-up for Country Office HR Directors
- In collaboration with the Regional HR Director, providing back-up as required for HR managers in low complexity country offices. This may require occasional on-site support, but will primarily be provided virtually. This may be shared with other members of the regional HR team.
Working closely with the rest of the regional HR team to deliver on the team objectives including any other duties not already prescribed.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Qualifications and Experience for HR Manager Jobs in Kenya
- Minimum of 7 years in a generalist HR management role; minimum of 2 years’ experience in the Regional role. (with the knowledge of the Eastern and Southern African country context)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human resources, general management or business administration.
- Technical skills in all aspects of international human resources management with the full employment cycle including employee relations and legal compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-cultural situations and/or multi-locational settings using a collaborative approach
- Experience to support country offices in a hardship and fragile locations.
- Demonstrated ability in designing, implementing and evaluating emergency HR management system
- Proven ability to handle challenging workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Conversant in practical Human Resource Information System and other relevant soft-wares
- Fluency in English
- Commitment to Save the Children values
How to Apply
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter to [email protected] The deadline for receiving applications is 18th March 2016.