NGO Monitoring & Evaluation (M & E) Assistant Job in Kenya,Salary over Ksh 200,000
- Nairobi, Kenya
SNV is a non-profit international development organisation established in the Netherlands in 1965. For over 50 years, SNV has been at the forefront of development, helping to build local capacity and empower local families and communities to break the cycle of poverty. We are present on the ground in 30 developing countries in Africa, Asia, Middle East and South America and operate in Agriculture & Food Security, Renewable Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Our 1,200+ advisors in the field come from a variety of cultural and technical backgrounds, and the vast majority are nationals of the countries where we work.
SNV has been engaged by DFID under the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Results Programme (WASH) to reach 2.73 million people with hygiene promotion and support at least 2.084 million people to gain to access to sanitation through the Sustainable Sanitation and Hygiene for All (SSH4A) results programme. The SSH4A Programme aims to improve access to sanitation and hygiene for rural populations in nine (8 in Africa and 1 in Asia) countries of operation. The SSH4A approach aims at ending open defecation, stimulating business people to offer affordable toilets, encouraging communities to maintain safe hygiene by washing hands and supporting the county government to fulfil the constitutional right to a reasonable standard of sanitation for all its residents. In Kenya, SNV is implementing this exciting programme in a total of fourteen sub counties that are spread in four counties namely Elgeyo Marakwet, Homa Bay, Kericho and Kilifi.
The main role of the M&E Assistant will be to review and analyse data from the various county reports on programme implementation under the guidance and supervision of the Country Project Leader. In addition, the M&E Assistant will review the data capture tools and support in the uploading of the same into the mobile applications.
- Review county reports and consolidate into country report templates
- Organize the various country data sets for the programme
- Prepare monthly reports on programme progress as guided by the supervisor
- Revise and update tools used for data collection
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor from time to time
- First degree in statistics, economics, commerce or other related fields such as information technology, social sciences or public health. A Diploma in health informatics with at least 3 years’ experience in handling large datasets is also accepted.
- Excellent understanding and experience in use of MS Excel
- Knowledgeable in the use of Stata or SPSS for doing data manipulation and exploratory analysis.
- Experience in developing forms for mobile phone applications for data collection. Working knowledge of ODK will be an added advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisation and planning skills
The position is offered on a National Contract for a term of 1 year with possible extension.
Working at SNV
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, per international standards. We offer
opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
Deadline for application: 22nd March 2018