Reference Number: 06062017-MVM
Category: Transportation and Automotive
JOB PURPOSE: To service, repair and maintain the motor vehicle fleet in line with set standards and to maintain all assigned assets as required.
Workshop Foreman – Motor Vehicles
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
Assigned tools and equipment
- Carry out all assigned repairs on motor vehicles to the highest standards in compliance with manufacturers repair manuals.
- Perform preventive maintenance schedules as planned to minimize breakdowns.
- Recovery of motor vehicles that have broken down in the field and undertaking necessary repairs.
- Observe safety precautions while undertaking repairs at all times and use of PPEs.
- Maintain assigned tools in good condition and in safe custody.
- Maintain highest standards of cleanliness at the garage area, environs and for equipment in use.
- Raise and update workshop job cards on repairs carried out and parts fitted.
- Carry out driving duties as assigned and ensure a courteous, safe and efficient services and for all occupants and other road users.
- Account for all spares, accessories etc. that are fitted on assigned motor vehicles during repairs.
- Comply and observe the Kenyan Highway Code and Programme’s policies on driving at all times.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Technician Certificate Part 3 or Grade Test 3
- At least 3 years carrying out maintenance of motor vehicles
- Valid Driving licence BCE
- Familiarity with repair manuals, parts catalogues etc.
- Computer literate with proficiency and experience in using email applications and Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate clearly in English and Kiswahili
- Good troubleshooting and fault diagnosis skills
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise own work
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to take and follow instruction
- Proactive and initiative in resolution of problems
- Team working
- Punctual with a sense of urgency
- Well groomed; neat and clean appearance